-93 Rear Rotors???

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of months ago I bought new standard rear rotors and KVR front rotors.

Did not even bother to open packages until 2 weeks ago and realised that rear rotors will not fit my -93. I thought, what the heck, I'll just sell them later on e-bay.

I had looked the Roto-Tech rotors, being drilled and slotted, they looked cool, even if they are not much of an upgrade. Got the EBC greens to go with them.
So today the Roto Tech rotors arrived, I am happy even if they are covered all over with some ugly/nasty brown s**t. I happily opened the packages and same suprise! Rear rotors are too wide (thick). The offsett is incorrect and definately will not fit my -93.

Any ideas whats happening??????

Now I have a pair of KVR front rotors, a pair of front and rear Roto-Tech rotors and some standard rear rotors..... and Viper is still 2ft off garage floor without rotors.

Only the front ones seems to fit. Am I loosing my mind or was -93 some kind of odd ball year with brakes?

Lauri

Reaction score
Hang in there! Wish I could help...but I'm clueless when it comes to things like that! :) We DO need to help get things sorted out 'cause the weather is a'changin and we need to make sure you're off those jack stands!! :)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri- I have a complete set of stock rotors, came off a car @ 1,000 miles. Let me know if you are interested. Not sure if stock is what you want?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Lauri, I dont know whats going on with your application but OEM part#s are the same your year all the way up part#4642353 rear 4642122 frt. we also have a 93 here and i just mic them and they are the same as the gen 2s, I also have sets of aftermarket that are showing a fit,if you could give me part#s that they are sending you i will cross reference them to insure that you are getting the correct rears,I know it would be a coincidence but stranger things have happened.....Scott

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the rear caliper piston in as far as it can go? It can screw in to be just about flush with the casting, and look like it's lower than the wrinkle of the dust boot. Can do so with a stout pair of needle nose pliers if you don't have the tool. caliper pic

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, The rear piston is turned all the way in.

On the old rear rotor the center area that is raised, is much less raised than on my new ones. There is also a big difference on the thickness. (not due wear)

Scott, Thanks for the help, I will take pictures of both rotors and e-mail them to you. You'll see the difference right away.

Lauri

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
My Viper is also 2’ off the ground getting EBC Greens and suspension detailing. I borrowed a friend’s rear caliper tool he used on his ’01 and guess what; it doesn’t fit (to big). I’ve been wondering what to do about it and your reply here has solved my problem.

Thanks

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, The rear piston is turned all the way in.

On the old rear rotor the center area that is raised, is much less raised than on my new ones. There is also a big difference on the thickness. (not due wear)

Lauri

Sounds to me like you might have gotten front rotors instead of rears. Fronts are also thicker than the rears.

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean, that what I am wondering now too... The front and rear rotors carry different numbers though, so I cannot confirm that they both would be front ones.
I will try to call Roto Tech monday morning to find out what went wrong.
Lauri

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri, rear disc should be 7/8" and rear hats should be 13/16". fronts the disc should be 1 1/2" and the hat should be 1 1/4" that is basing on a 1 piece rotor

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is more info:

RotoTech rotors carry different numbers for rear and front (as well as left and right). BUT they look the same!!!!!
Now I have a boatload of all kind of rotors and I have no idea where they would fit.

Here's the numbers,

OLD REAR rotor # 55087 OD 13" Thickness at brake surface 7/8" The center hub is OD 8 1/8" This is CORRECT/OLD rotor

Brake Perfect /AIMCO #5377 OD 13" Thickness at brake surface 1 1/4" The center hub is OD 6 1/2"

RotoTech EP-5377L/R OD 13" Thickness at brake surface 1 1/4" The center hub is OD 6 1/2"
(Replaces 76608...53001...141851)

RotoTech EP-5376L/R OD 13" Thickness at brake surface 1 1/4" The center hub is OD 6 1/2"
(Replaces 76607...53000...141850)

It really looks like I got 4 pairs of FRONT rotors with zillion different numbers. Man, I am **********.

The only thing that calms me now is to go into the basement and look at the cromed 5 spokes..... at least they look better than the grey 3 spokes, but with my luck, maybe they are 4 front wheels too!

Lauri

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth