Gen I windows

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience buying windows for a Gen I R/T10? I've looked online at the Northwind and Vipermania windows, but I can't see blowing a grand on something that I would'nt use all that often. That and the fact that if you want to talk to someone outside your car, you need to yell through glass.

SnakeOyl has a set of set of "Winder Side Curtains" that extend from the windshield and are supposed to divert airflow around yor car. They are made of Lexan, but they want almost $500 bucks for a set. Does these things work and are they worth the cash?

Sorry guys, for those of you who were going to suggest it, I'm not in a position to sell my Gen I and buy a Gen II.

-Leaf

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one area that I have some experience. I have had my 94 for 6-1/2 years. I bought the Mopar "sliders" (used) initially, and hated them. Them I bought "O'Brien" side windows. Better, but not good. They didn't have any rubber at the leading edge, and scratched the windshield surround. Also they were very flexible, and moved a lot in the wind. I finally got wise and dropped the $$ and bought Vmania windows. They are awesome with or without the top. I just sprung for the Vmania top also. Absolutely killer in looks and function.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey leaf, Let me give you my perspective. I just purchased my 96 rt/10 in late dec. 02 and living here in the northeast I felt that due to climate, especially in the fall the windows have value. Yes, I got the vipermania windows and they are beautiful compared to those rags they give you from DC. I will probably only use them at certain times in the year but thats why I bought a rt. I didn't get a later year at the time due to budget and mods that I wanted right away on the car. As you know spending money on a viper when it comes to mods is contagious and costly.

my 2cents
adam

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaf, V-Mania is the way to go. They look great, are functional and can be used without a top on. I actually leave them on alot when the top is off. With the back window out and the windows in, it's sweet "cruzin' down the highway". If you have a hardtop too, they really complete the package. Let me know if you need some pics. Bill

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about the VMania windows is that they stick out and aren't flush - the window covers (smoked portion) the post on the door. When you look at the car from the back (this is anal of me) you can see the window overlapping the door post. It doesn't look good to me. I know I will get nailed to the cross for saying this about Vmania, but I am entitled to my opinion.

I bought a used set off of here that are no longer made. They are plastic and are completely flush where the window would fit. I forget the kind these are but they sold in Viper Magazine for like $400 - Steve O'Brien - that was the name. I paid like $200 used shipped to me about a year ago. They look better in my opinion and are completely flush.They don't seal great but I don't care about sealing. They stop 99% of water and air coming into the car. Look way better than curtains. I would not spend $700-800 for windows - sorry. Patience...you'll find some used.

OP
OP
L

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering the "Winder Side Curtains" because they deflected the wind off of me and we more than half the price. I really don't need rain/water protection because I'm in southern California. I'm just tired of the air beating my face around at 90MPH. It stays warm enough around here to drive without windows if it wasn't for the air hitting you and making you cold as all.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to check out "Windscreens" by FasRacks. I just purchased a set for my 95 RT/10 and they fit and look great. They are made of Lexan and fit into the existing side window slots and fasten with the same threaded screw bolt. They definitely cut down on the wind buffeting. Cost is $237 + S&H. Contact Brent Sincock at http://[email protected] or (805) 584-0886 :usa:

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check this out V-mania windows are expensive, and I am not one to over pay for anything (guess I am just a Cheap B*stard) but, the fit, finish, and function of the product is "The best". I think that V-mania is the only company still producing the Gen I windows. If Northwind is still making theirs they work with V-mania (partners). Biff will always be there if you need him in the future and if you buy the hardtop and windows at the same time maybe he will cut you a deal. Here is my car with the total V-mania package.
190Chads_Viper_side_view_top_on-med.jpg