Anyone see the Viper RT/10 in the CVS commercial?

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just saw it last night. 2 old ladies are walking out of a CVS pharmacy. One has a smile on her face, while the other one is grumpy. A commentator says that the one smiling gets 2% cash back on all purchases with her CVS card, while the grumpy one doesn't.

then he says something like "With the 2% cash she saved, she can buy stuff like..."

<pan to a GEN II red RT/100 with grandma speeding away> :laugh:

It was pretty cool...

Interesting how they didn't use an SRT-10 considering the SRT-10 is the latest model Viper... I'm sure CVS has the budget to get an SRT-10 if they really wanted one.

So was it pure chance that they didn't use an SRT-10? or did the person in charge of putting this commercial together know what we already know... that Gen I/II Vipers are much cooler looking cars... :D

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the commercial, too. Hilarious. Was it a GenII, though? I could have sworn it had a smooth hood (I guess it could have been a 1997 Gen II), didn't notice side pipes or not...

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a Gen I.
Sidepipes.
Way cooler than a Gen II :)

Cool commercial by the way. I liked the way granny lit the tires.

OP
OP
V

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suppose it may have been a Gen I. It was a quick shot of the hood and I wasn't expecting to see a Viper while eating my dinner. Nearly dropped my burger! ;)

>>It was a Gen I.
>>Sidepipes.
>>Way cooler than a Gen II

uhhhhhhh, no.

Sidepipes are cool, but give me the Gen II hood any day. Much meaner looking as though it has fangs and can bite you in the **** any second - as a Snake should look...

Besides Dodge "perfected" the beta (Gen I) when they came out with the Gen IIs. Then Dodge went and screwed it all up with the Gen III. Seems like lots of companies screw up the 3rd major version. They get greedy or cocky, or both.

Just look at MS Windows. It started with Windows 95 (first version was like a beta), Win 98 (perfected it... to a point), then the 3rd version - Windows ME. YACH! Anyone using Windows ME should be shot!!!

(ok, technically speaking the order was Win 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, XP, but I don't count 3.0 - 3.11 since Windows didn't really take off until 95)

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must get my Viper in a Walgreen's commercial immediately. Walgreen's is a better company, so it should have the GTS!

Reaction score
Did anybody notice if granny was really driving?
I say no. That was a pretty fast start, the back end of the car kind of twitched and was brought back under control quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper