Roe SC Raffle

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any interest in a Roe SC raffle? Probably 85 tickets @ $100.00 each? Money fully refunded if 85 tickets not sold. If there is enough interest, I will look into getting one together. Just curious about your thoughts and suggestions.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any interest in a Roe SC raffle? Probably 85 tickets @ $100.00 each? Money fully refunded if 85 tickets not sold. If there is enough interest, I will look into getting one together. Just curious about your thoughts and suggestions.
:mad:
Well considering I posed the thread about looking for a free Roe SC and Jim
suggested that we have a raffle, I'd be in. Of course since there is no Roe SC for a gen 1 engine yet ("Still in development" says Sean) If I were to win I could just sell it at a discount to a VCA member or take a credit with Sean when he has it ready!

Adam :shocked: :eek: :p

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."

Kenny replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Kenny said, "OK then, at least give me the donkey."

The farmer asked, "What are you going to do with him?"

Kenny replied, "I'm going to raffle him off."

Farmer exclaimed, "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

Kenny replied, "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he is dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Kenny said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at $2 a piece and made a profit of $898."

Farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Kenny replied, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his money back."

Kenny grew up and eventually became the chairman of Enron Corp

OP
OP
N

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is enough interest in this, I will approach our local Viper club president about doing it through the club if possible. There also might be additional advantages besides giving more credibility to the effort to take a great product and let one lucky winner get it for only $100.

I simply think it would be fun to see this take place.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where will the other $1000 go? They retail for $7500 don't they? Does Kenny get it? lol That joke was pretty funny!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, NDW, I just noticed you were from Mineola! My mom was born there, and I still have family in that area. Ever eat at Dominico's? Good stuff!

OP
OP
N

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot,

Yes, I used to frequent Domenico's, but there is a much better place in a neighboring town now. Plus, it gives me a chance to get the Viper out on some deserted, winding roads to get there.

The extra $1,000 would go towards the following:

Shipping - roughly $210.00 according to Becky at Roe Racing
Web site creation, hosting, etc.. (I am not web site literate), escrow account & fees, plus the unforseen expenses. Sales tax if the winner is in Florida is something to take into account.

I figure that there will probably be around $500 left over when all of this is done. If it is run through the club, then it would go in the general fund. Of course, this is all speculation at this point, it just seemed like something that would be fun to do with the Viper family.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's only a little better odds than the Maryland 3 digit daily lottery. Of course that's not counting the tax you would have to pay if you won the SC.
Go ahead and do it but I don't see the point.

OP
OP
N

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will talk with the officers in my local club and see if it is something that they would be interested in attaching the club name to. I am going to CO for a week today, but will get on this as soon as I get back.

Jim, if you win you will need to get it powder coated yellow. I would bet that a yellow Roe SC is more powerful than a normal SC.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
How your horses guys!

Raffles ARE illegal in all 50 states, unless you are a non-profit org..... and in many cases, not only a non-profit org....but also a Charitable org. It took VCA years to get raffle approval, and it takes much legal assistance and specific rules and dates must be adhered to.

Maybe, we can align ourselves with a charity and offer the net proceeds to go to them? (Make a wish foundation comes to mind)?

We actually have a VCA committee the oversees these ideas, and Don Parsons is the Chairman. He might be able to look into this concept?

OP
OP
N

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph,

Whatever would make this legal and viable is what needs to be done. I was going to contact King, I had heard he knew about non-profit raffles as well. If Don Parsons is the person in the know, let's see what his thoughts are on making this a reality. Thanks for your input.

Newt

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in.

Make it $150 & the winner pays taxes. That way the charitable donation has some meat on the bone.

Otherwise, I know a company with a mailbox in Bermuda who might be interested. You'd have to up the ante to $200 per ticket, & the winner would also receive r/t airfare (Sat night stay rqd) to pick up the s/c personally in the Carribean.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Count me in!
And if you make sure I win, there would be nothing to worry about because I live in Canada Eh!

PS No I'm Not French! :usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EDW I heard that Dominico was moving to Lindale. Is that the much better place? If not, where is it? I still frequent the area. BTW, if the proceeds go to the VCA, however small they might be, wouldn't that be a NP Org.? That should work!