Track Insurance

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was talking to a gentleman at Acordia Insurance in their San Francisco office, Greg Owner (415-512-3651) about track insurance. He stated he was looking at this for the Ferrari Club. He stated if there was enough interest and it was something that was included for all participants in the Viperdays event, that it might be something that could be setup. I do not know what rating Acordia has (www.acordia.com) but would this be something that you as participants might be interested in. Obviously for Viperdays if they included this in the package price, and it jumped the cost from say $665 to $1000 for a two day event and that dropped their attendance, then from their business standpoint then it would not make sense to them. This boils down to how much are we as participants willing to pay above and beyond our current insurance and the current track fees for piece of mind on our cars. Viperdays should have statistics on accidents at their events, and statistics on the number of participants. Obviously coverage could be setup with appropriate deductibles ($1000-$5000) and would have a maximum payout limit. Let your voices be heard on what you might be willing to pay for something like this. I believe that this is at least worth looking.

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Acordia is an independent insurance broker, and not an insurance company. They may have the resources to find an insurer for the event.

Aon owns the former K&K insurance in Indianapolis I think and they use to specialize in automotive event coverage.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My level of interest all depends on the details.

Assuming the deductible was as you described and it covered;
1. Timed events (I have a lot of reason to believe my regular insurance already covers me in non-timed events),
2. Covered repairs were made using OE parts and service (I wouldn't pay anything for a policy that only pays for medium quality parts and medium quality labor),

I probably would be willing to double my track costs.

Here in the SF Bay Area, weekend track time runs about $200/day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth