Is this a deal????

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend wants to sell me his 01 venom 600 GTS with 3000 miles on it. It has all carbon fiber interior parts, shorty shifter, front and rear [******] fiberglass kit, 18 inch HRE 547s, puts out 530 RWHP and 625HP at the crank. The car is in mint condition, so my question is, what should I pay for it? I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and did not get to many responses so I decided to give more details about the car in hopes of you guys helping me out here. I understand all the crap that surrounds Hennesseys name, but the car looks good. What to do guys, what to do?

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you start talking price, take the car to a dyno and verify those horsepower figures. We saw a 2000 Venom 650 generate a whopping 480 RWHP at a VCA dyno day a few years ago, so I would be skeptical of any HP figures on a late model [******] car without witnessing the dyno run. You want to know exactly what you're buying.

OP
OP
S

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$55000, are you serious? I think thats alittle low. The asking price is $65000. I agree about the getting the car dynoed. I would definetly do that before purchasing. Should I pay $65000 for the car? I havent seen a stock 01 go for less then $58k.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
65k would be a steal if the car does dyno at 530rwhp :D You are getting about 30k in modds for 7k sounds like a pretty good deal to me :eek:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$65k is a good deal. The original owner is taking a huge hit.

Sounds like the car has everything motor, exhaust, wheels, carbon parts, areo kit, brakes.......all that costs a TON!!

painexpert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that hennesseys cars are hard to sell because of his horrible reputation.I would not buy any car that was put together by this tuner.I sold my Viper and had a real hard time because of this.