Hi, just introducing myself.

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my '93 for about 5+ years now and I had actually posted here a long time ago. For some reason I've been lurking lately for upgrade tips, etc... and I am hooked. So I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

My name is Mike, I live in Northwest IL, Just bought some 2000+ rims, Not much on the upgrades but will be getting into it this summer...

Thanks for the great board.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome back Mike. The latest craze has been supercharging and as fate would have it ROE is making a DIY system just for the Gen I cars. So you mind as well give him a call first thing in the morning a get on the list. Just go ahead and skip the small stuff. :cool:

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that... I was just reading a post(very intensely) 2 days ago on that. I'd like 800hp but 500hp+ would probably be plenty for me :)

But I will definately get the smooth tubes and call SVS for a possible exhaust upgrade first...

My car currently sounds like a vacuum cleaner on steroids, heh.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike. The most cost effective way to 500+ rwhp on a gen I car is the BTR nitrous system- under 2k. Otherwise, you'll spend at least 3 times as much or more going the traditional route- tubes, headers, exhaust, rockers, etc. and you'll still be well under 500hp. I had a '93 as well with no a/c and loved it. I did all the above mods and got to where a Gen II is stock. Good luck and welcome back.

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Viper, for screwing around on the weekends (and late nites during the week) the 400hp is great fun. I will definately do the smooth tubes for the free HP, and probably the exhaust for the sound/performance/fuel improvements... I like how stock my car is, so in reality, I will likely stay away from creating a monster, even though the ROE system is very tempting...

I have an S2000 as a daily driver and noticed how Honda guys buy $20k in upgrades to make-em 1/2 the car the Viper is... 33k + 20k = could-of bought a Viper.

I kick myself... I should have bought 2 Vipers. Anyone want a 2001, S2000? :)

A few years ago I had a '96 GTS like you own for about 6 months and loved it, you just can't beat the Viper in the fun department.

Next time you fill your gas tank, just pretend that your putting in quarters for extended play :laugh:

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950