Considering purchasing a Viper

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure that it has clean title. Also if the recalls were done on the frame, that will save you some time. See if the windows fit well and that there is no leaks. If you are buying an erly RT ask if the owner has a hard top for it. The best way to get a good car is to get it from the forum dealer like Woodhouse Dodge. This way you'll know that the car is OK.

Reaction score
it will be my slow car.

You must have something other than the Corvette listed in your sig.

Is it arrogance or ignorance?

Hmmmm, one could ask the same thing about your initial comment. To make a statement like that and not back it up just begs for arrogance (ignorance if it makes you feel beeter). :) I could be wrong...and I'll gladly admit it and apologize if so, but most people here who have a Vette AND a Viper have the Vette as their "slow" car. :confused: Lastly...if THAT nothing-of-a-comment twisted your *******, uh, Houston we have a problem. :) Just given ya' a hard time. :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it's ignorance as you guys worship your cars and your cars alone (especially Chuck).

Christ man, chill. You're on a car board, what do you expect?

But you are correct. I do "worship" Vipers. Just as Vette guys worship Vettes, Mustang guys worship Mustangs, Supra guys worship Supras.

And I wouldn't be too sure about a 460 ZR1 beating a Viper.

Reaction score
I guess it's ignorance as you guys worship your cars and your cars alone (especially Chuck). If you had paid attention, I drive a 368 ZR-1. I would say 460 RWHP in a daily driver is anything but slow. Hence a 92-95 RT/10 will be my "slow" pleasure only car. If you remember when the Viper first came out, The Viper was running neck and neck with the ZR-1. It wasn't until later the Viper pulled ahead.

Actually, this is just fun! :) See, we do worship our cars...but we have fun (as is proven by all of our little smilies, giving you a hard time). :) I guess I'll open up the floor for others who are not as fun-spirited as I am. You have a serious case of attitude, so don't expect much help. Go ahead and re-read what was written above. Most, if not ALL, of the posts had little smilies and were simply poking fun at you. What we call that in the NORMAL world is people just giving you a hard time as if you were "one of the guys" (sorry Viperess, et al). You were treated the same as any regular could expeect to be treated....and you come back with more attitude. Too bad for you (shrug). Me....I am lucky to just have the Viper....but there are FAR more people here (who could/would jump through hoops to help you if so inclined) with "stables" where your little ZR1 would not be the "slow" car....just the slow-est. Obviously you are one who cannot take a good ribbing, just hanging out. My personal stance will be to steer clear of you in the future. Mind you, that is my PERSONAL opinion. I will gladly help you get your Avatar sorted out when you do make your purchase, and I wish you luck with that. Aside from that (and to make a lame attempt at something I am not that good at):

WAR PEOLE WHO DON'T LIKE GETTING THE SAME ATTITUDE THEY GIVE!

Peace....out! :)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my guess is Jeffvette's ZR1 is not stock. If it were it would be the slow car. But with the improvements, it's faster and that's cool. I like all kinds of cars. From the Viper down to the 9 sec, superturbo K car. By the way Jeff, just curious as to your best time in the 1/4 mile?

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff, welcome to the boards...

For what it's worth, <x> forum will worship <x> car...it's how it works.

Over on the ZR1 forums, "grown men" resorted to calling me (and other soon to be Viper owners) "***" because we were going to add a snake to the stable along side our "Kings". BMW M COupe owners are just as fanatical about their rides...typically the guy that owns one car or one type of car absolutely worships that car and nothing else on the road.

So, all owners are crazy about THEIR car. It's just how it works.

When I'm here, in the "viper house", I talk smack about 'vettes...when I'm on the road in my SS, I love messing with BMWs. When I'm driving my BMW M Coupe, I have a great time spaking unsuspecting Detroit Iron.

It's all relative...you just gotta learn to live with it. You can't expect to come in here, into the 'snake den' so to speak, and start trumping up the ZR1 (I also own one too as you know, albeit not a 368) and not get a little flack for it.

It's all good though - like Chuck said, it's just a forum! Relax and kick back! Talk some smack about the 'vette cartel! :)

Hope you find an RT that you like soon - you'll love it and it may not stay your slow car for long... ;)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff, welcome to the boards...
For what it's worth, <x> forum will worship <x> car...it's how it works.
Over on the ZR1 forums, "grown men" resorted to calling me (and other soon to be Viper owners) "***" because we were going to add a snake to the stable along side our "Kings". BMW M COupe owners are just as fanatical about their rides...typically the guy that owns one car or one type of car absolutely worships that car and nothing else on the road.
So, all owners are crazy about THEIR car. It's just how it works.
When I'm here, in the "viper house", I talk smack about 'vettes...when I'm on the road in my SS, I love messing with BMWs. When I'm driving my BMW M Coupe, I have a great time spaking unsuspecting Detroit Iron.
It's all relative...you just gotta learn to live with it. You can't expect to come in here, into the 'snake den' so to speak, and start trumping up the ZR1 (I also own one too as you know, albeit not a 368) and not get a little flack for it.
It's all good though - like Chuck said, it's just a forum! Relax and kick back! Talk some smack about the 'vette cartel! :)
Hope you find an RT that you like soon - you'll love it and it may not stay your slow car for long... ;)

Now that's the truth. I like all kinds of different automobiles, too...
so long as they are muscle cars, sports cars, exotics, or technological wonders - that's all. *smirk*
You must be registered for see images

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Eh [******] it :rolleyes:

Jeff.. Trolling, are we ?

from the ZR-1.net site:

"QUESTION: How fast are ZR-1's?

ANS: That is a hard question to answer. Performance numbers vary from ZR to ZR because not every engine built on an assembly line will all have the same horsepower. The LT5 in the ZR-1 will vary from 355 to 414 for example in the 1990 - 1992 375hp cars. Then in 1993 - 1995 the hp went up to a rating of 405hp. Then of course once on the track things like weather conditions, track conditions and driver can affect results. But on average a ZR-1 will do 1/4 mile times around 12.9 at 110mph and 0-60 in 4.9 to 5.2 seconds. I have seen stock ZR-1's do the 1/4 in 12.5 and some in 13.7. "

not impressive to stock Vipers, shall we say.

tell us about the 368, cam etc.

all in good clean fun..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first got my Viper, I thought I'd be cool and go beat up on one of my friends that has a couple of ZR1's. He got out the blue one that I had seen before, but this time it had a little rumble to it. Little did I know, he'd gotten a Lingenfelter 415 that was an exact copy of his other car. Apparently it was John Lingenfelter's personal car for a while, so I'm sure it was full of goodies. Needless to say, he handed me my ****! When we got back to his casa he opened his garage and there sat the other car! Lesson learned! Those cars are pretty darn fast with the right work. I have more respect for the ZR1 than any other Vette.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I got your back!!! When on the Corvette board as a corvette and Viper owner I refer to myself as Vipersnack.

Thanks Birv.

"Yeah, that'd be really cool to start a thread saying a drunk driver killed your son or daughter. Real nice"

That DBK must be a real genious huh? Don't have to worry about any rockets built in his camp. LOL

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy my red 95 RT-10 w/AC and mopar hard top and you will run away from almost any street legal viper around! Look in the classified section.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have more respect for the ZR1 than any other Vette.

Yeah, me too! ;)
Well there are cars and then there are drivers..
Both are great cars, personally each to their own.

Vipers are great looking cars, and the torque is quite like anything else. The Z06 is pretty fast as well, and stock for stock it will often come down the driver, and if you dont believe me.. ask Mike Brunton about it.