Alpine & Satellite Radio

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to connect the Delphi SkyFi XM satellite reciever to our factory Alpine stereo. Does anyone know if there is an adapter kit to do this. I understand the factory radio is Sirius Satellite ready, but not XM Satellite ready - funny as the Alpine website only lists XM units from Alpine and no Sirius. Can anyone help out with this. Thanks

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I was told by Alpine, the stereo is not Sat ready (either one). There SHOULD be an adapter somewhere (they have one for the H2, so you can use all the steering wheel controls), and since the head unit in the SRT is the same on in the "Advanced" cars, someone has to have one. I just can't tell ya who.

Jim Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always use an add-in XM system that uses an FM modulator.

I understand the factory radio is Sirius Satellite ready, but not XM Satellite ready - funny as the Alpine website only lists XM units from Alpine and no Sirius.

that's because DaimlerChrysler (and Ford) are backing Sirius; the factory Sirius receiver is made by Delphi and only relies on the radio to tell it what to do (channel up/down, name data).

OP
OP
W

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered Delphi SkyFi system with custom plug-and-play wiring using an FM modulator. No cutting, splicing, nothing. And the unit is very small and portable from car to car. Installed the wiring into one of my Prowlers in less than 10 minutes. Will do Viper this weekend.

100 channels including news (CNN, CNBC, Fox, etc), sports, and any type of music you could dream of (rock, country, easy, pop, 50's, 60's, etc, etc).

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered Delphi SkyFi system with custom plug-and-play wiring using an FM modulator. No cutting, splicing, nothing. And the unit is very small and portable from car to car. Installed the wiring into one of my Prowlers in less than 10 minutes. Will do Viper this weekend.

100 channels including news (CNN, CNBC, Fox, etc), sports, and any type of music you could dream of (rock, country, easy, pop, 50's, 60's, etc, etc).

Got the Delphi SkyFi in my LX470 but used the (uglier) cassette connection. Wished XM had more music channels totally free of moronic DJ chatter (no offense meant to current or former DJs). Is Sirius the same way (no commercials but still using DJs on many music channels just to annoy us?)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala