Any haul their Viper on a Uhaul car trailer?

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May have to travel a ways to have my Roe S/C installed. Anyone ever haul their Viper on a rented Uhaul car trailer. My brother collects antique corvettes and used one once with no problems. However, I would assume that a 67 corvette is not as low and as wide as the Viper. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a nightmare trying to get the car in place without tearing either the dam or the sills behind the front wheel. I don't know if all the U-Haul's are the same, however, you might want to find a trailer specialty dealer. Another problem could be the inability to open the doors due to the high trailer fenders.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If by some miracle you are able to get it on the trailer without damaging something,you will have to climb out the window as the door will not open against the wheel wells on the trailer.Then you will have to figure how to roll up the windows .DEFINETLY not worth the aggravation and damage that you will be more than likely to incure

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I towed my car 400 miles in the rain (not recommended) on a U-Haul trailer. It was so tight that I had to slowly ***** it up into place, and the side sills were uncomfortably close to the wheel rail skirting. It was the cheapest way to move the Viper, but I'll likely never do it again.

-Dean.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it as well, my Uhaul store had a trailer with the side rails lower than the doors, so I could get out. A bit scary, but not impossible. Had to use long 2x10 board to drive up without bottoming out front bumper (trailer tilted down and back), and used strips of rubber between tires and trailer sides to prevent movement, then latched it up on all for corners as tight as my strength would allow.

However, when discussing my accomplishment with the uhaul trailer at a Viper club meeting, several people said "You should have called, I would have let you borrow mine". That would be my first step next time. Try it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper