HELP! My rims are peeling!

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a dilema with my 1994 RT/10. My rims are in relatively good condition (i.e. no curb damage) but for some reason it's like the enamel is peeling off of them. There's no dents so I don't think it's cause from road debris, and it's always garaged. The really strange thing is it's happening to all four wheels. Here's a pic of the damage:
You must be registered for see images

I was just wondering if anyone has had anything like this happen to them, and if so, what can I do to fix it? Also, anyone have a set of rims for sale to replace my current ones?

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always have the wheels re-powdercoated, which is generally very strong, and should not peel. Someone did something to those wheels to make that happen (like using something to pry off the center cap that chipped the wheel?!?)
You could also have your wheels polished, and clear powdercoated (which looks sharp!). My car originally had chrome 3-spoke wheels, and looked great. The chrome didn't hold up too well, though. I am unsure who chromed them.
Replacing the wheels is always an option, and there are a ton of different wheels available (stock forged 5-spoke, cast 5-spoke, newer 18 inch, aftermarket, etc)
Good luck!

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are doing that but in a different area. On the inside edge. Seems like the clear coat is chipping off, then the brake dust clings those areas. Rims have to be refinished to correct it.

OP
OP
L

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. Hey adam, how much for the rims? I may be very interested! I'll just keep my peeling rims for the track.

Also, kind of a stupid question, but will 96 OEM wheels fit on my 94?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of black powder coated 3 spokes with brand new, never used XGTZ's on the back and XGTZ-4 on the front. No miles never used,

Mike

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you've got a PM Adam, check it out, have to act fast or Mike will gets his hands on them, then it's all over unless I wanna buy them off him for a hint or two more!!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh