700 rwhp power VS Slicks ...Pilots Lose

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just received my BF Goodrich 345 35 R18 from Tire Rack last week... so I wanted to cure them. I was told to do GOOD burn out and then jack them up in air for 24 hours to let them cure, this is supposed to make them " hook " better. Well I headed out about 12:30 am Thursday, found a nice quit spot at the edge of a rural area, stop the Viper and start soaking the road and tires with water. Meanwhile some teenager is riding his bike past me, so he stops a starts to watch what is about to unfold.I get back in the car and bring up the rpms up to 4000 and dump the clutch and hop on the break. I had no I idea about what I was about to get into the Viper and it begins to growl and rpms shoot up 4800 and smoke starts to incompass the car and it is scream with power (car is very loud.... Bellinger catbacks and headers). I am stomping on the breaks but the car is being drug forward with Michlin Polits digging and cawling into pavment trying to hold the beast back. The kid on bicyle is now clapping screaming generaly going wild over the show. By this time smoke is going everywere and myself and car is being drug away from kid on bicycle. At this point I am 150 feet from starting point......this feeling was so unbelivable. It was like digging your feet in the sand with a rope tied to a sand rail or like the Dodge commerical with the dragester and the parachute. Now I am about 225 feet from my starting point still doing my "GOOD" burn out, then all of a sudden she hooks. The car's rear end shoots with extreme predious to the right while the front shoots to the left....the only thing that is keeping me behind the wheel is racing harness that I was wearing. Once the car hooked I jumped out the gas and by the time I got the car stopped I had done a 270.
This was a definite rush :eek: ... the only problem was I had to go home and change my underwear.
Cudaman

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cudaman,

Great post :D ...now you need to go back with a camera, find the kid, give him the camera, and do it all over again so we can see some pics.

CStegall

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman, I see you have 8lb s/c. Sounds like a real beast. I have the drag radials as well but probably won't have the problem you had.

Also, what kind of time do you thin they will be worth in the 1/4 mile? :usa:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8lb Roe Super charger on a cream puff.

OH NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo your car is detonating and ready to blow or your pistons are already half melted.

<sarcasim>

Sounds like fun cudaman. :)

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael P... Only 1/2 "Creampuff" with Larry Macedo adding 8 lbs of boost he added forged pistons.
Cudaman :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave