Interior mods : center bezel install issues...

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some help.
Recently I completely modified my Gen I interior and I'm having some issues getting my center bezel to fit correctly.
The extra layer of leather around the center console has caused the bottom end of the center bezel to 'stand up' (see picture - I drew a line around it). I already tried some double stick 3M tape to bring it down, but that didn't work either. Anybody any more creative ideas ?

244DSC00014-med.JPG

For those of you who want to know : the brushed aluminum center bezel is made by ZAF and the shifter & AC knobs are MGW. The black dash is elbow grease and spray can :) Leather interior by Snake Hydes.
All suppliers were super professional and fun to work with.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Yves,

First make sure that you wipe down the areas your going to apply either two sided tape with with lighter fluid or alcohol to remove any shiny films. Also heat areas your going to apply tape two just to make sure that there not cold so tape adheres. After applying, take some making tape and tape down corners and back end of bezel to allow tape to take for a few hours. Try that or you can use velcro type straps.

Adam

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine does that. Looks like you have the B&M ripper or similar. The bolts that replace the factory rivets stick up too high and it pushes that piece in that area.

At least thats the case with mine. It doesnt bother me, but if I wanted to fix it, I would probably need to get some bolts that dont stick up like they do.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss