My Venom 650R Pics...finally finished all external mods...I think?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
First time posting pics. These pics were scanned as I have not gotten a digital cam yet....can't teach an old (Devil)dog new tricks. Hope you like.
267TMP3.JPG
267TMP4.JPG
267TMP5.JPG
267TMP6.JPG
267TMP7.JPG

THE END! Thanks for the pic posting help Gerald and Rich!
:usa:

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. I have that same wing. Ater I installed it I thought that the side fins were a little to big a *****.I had a guy I met at an itallian car show make me a couple sets of side fins like these. He can make more if anyone is interested. I mounted themlower and the fins are a little more angular. It is just what that wing needs.

You car looks really good though
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay DDog...I thought I was at least staying up with you with the DLM work and now you go and pole vault wayyyyy ahead of me!!! :)
The car looks great...and I really like the rear end work...great job.
You will just have to let me cruise 30 feet behind you after my car gets back...cause nobody is gonna notice me after yours :D

CStegall

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Thanks for the props guys. Clark, I think you got it backwards...I'll probably be trying to keep up with your DLM Level III which I look forward to seeing in May. I guess the only thing wrong with mine is it's not yellow!

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Looks great!!!

Who's front and side splitters??? Are they painted metal or carbon fiber???

Thanks. Front splitter and cannards are the 1998 Viper GT2 pieces and are fiberglass/poly. Side splitters are aluminum. Got everything from Jon B at PartsRack.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEVILDOG -

All done in excellent taste, Clean & Classy! I'm delighted to see you retained the stock wheels. I thought I was the only one that appreciated the stock wheels!?

Regards,
Doug

ahh, you like them that much??? I'll have a pair I'll trade you for some niiice upgrades... i need to go faster man... faster!!!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DDog...

Man...I love that rear end pic!...and even Doug responded(he is usually working ******* the cars in his shop...especially the yellow ones..right Doug?) :)

One great lookin' car DDog :D

CStegall

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
DEVILDOG -

All done in excellent taste, Clean & Classy! I'm delighted to see you retained the stock wheels. I thought I was the only one that appreciated the stock wheels!?

Regards,
Doug

Doug,
Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, I also prefer the stock 18" wheels. I like the wide spokes and the fact that they extend to the outer edge of the wheel. Also, they are easy to maintain. Looking forward to seeing one of your Level IIIs when Clark gets his back in May.
Take care,
Jim

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
How does she Run??Post any times yet?

Runs great! Have not posted any official 1/4 mile times yet. I'm planing on going to the strip with some of the N. Texas VCA members (including Kingman "Wingman" Hitz & his twin SC GTS) in early June. Hey, Clark S. you should join us with your DLM Level III! I'll be running on street tires and will post my time slip. Have not been beat on the street yet against Porsche TT, Supra T, Z06s and a few modded T/As. Pulls great to 180 with more to go (ran out of room on unofficial track).

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
DDog...

Man...I love that rear end pic!...and even Doug responded(he is usually working ******* the cars in his shop...especially the yellow ones..right Doug?) :)

One great lookin' car DDog :D

CStegall

Clark,
Thanks again! Glad you like the rear end so much...you'll probably be seeing a lot of it...just kidding! :D

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Devildog, did your 650r come with those [******] stickers or did you get them afterwards? I need some 600r badges for my Venom and dont know where to get them.

Just wanted you to know that I tried to answer your question, however, the Board Police evidently erased it. Hopefully, you read it before they deleted. If not send me a PM and I'll reply again. Board Police, I'd appreciate it that if you are going to do this that you enter a note that the response was deleted. I'd hate for a fellow member to think I was not trying to help him out. I also think your delete was inappropriate. Are members with VENOMS considered outlawed by the VCA too? Can't fellow VENOM owners exchange info. on this Board like other members do on other tuners? Do not VENOM owners have the same rights and privileges on this board as other members? If not, maybe I and other VENOM owners should just resign from the VCA if we are not going to have equal rights. I would appreciate a response on this matter. IMO, whoever did this is going overBOARD on this He nn essey thing and as a result infringing on VENOM owner's rights that are long time VCA members to exchange info. on their VENOM modifications and questions. :confused:

267DDOG.jpg

207bart6-thumb.gif

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Ever see the end plates on the latest version of the Audi RS8? There is an aero reason for large end plates. I put the aero aids on my Venom for functionality at high top end speeds which I enjoy and do quite often. In addition, I happen to like the look and most female admirers tell me they like them bigger too. However, thanks for the overall compliment.

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
DDog...
Clark,
Thanks again! Glad you like the rear end so much...you'll probably be seeing a lot of it...just kidding! :D

DDog...
I am sure that I will see a lot of you passing me...until I shift into second :D (jk)...
C'mon Doug...DD and I have Lambos to hunt...

CStegall

Maybe one more mod. Anyone make a billet license plate frame that reads "Porsche for Breakfast, Ferrari for Lunch & Lamborghini for Dinner"? MGW?