01 RT/10 Questions

ALDOAVME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys Ive decided to ditch my C5 and get a Viper after years of waiting, im so excited! I think i ve found the one i want its a black 01 RT/10 with connoley leather it has 2500 miles on it, the [******] nose, borla exhaust, a rear wing(i have no idea who makes it can anyone tell me?) and it has those louvers in those big hood openings. Hard top and soft top, and a car cover with the viper logos on it its looks to be a really nice one. I dont think i am forgetting anything, has all the original documentation anyway $55,000 good deal? i think i can get it for a little less just wanted some opinions thanks in advance! oh and its the black car in the foreground not the mad powerhouse 325 in the background :D
You must be registered for see images

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice!!! Is it the cheapest price, NO. Is it a fair price, Yes, especially if you like the wing...

Is the paperwork included for who did the install on the Wing and other mods?

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge did not make black RT/10's in 2001. Black was available in 1999 and 2000. If the car you are considering is truly a 2001, and since the picture clearly shows it's black, the car was repainted.

OP
OP
A

ALDOAVME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man thats why i posted this here! i knew you guys would notice something, but that is really weird because i remeber reading the original window sticker and it did say 2001 but it said especialy built for "insert name here" now im all confused i will contact the seller tommrow and find out for sure ill get the VIN any idea on what the wing is?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that is pretty weird. The car must have been painted in black for 2001 by someone else. Either the car is not a 2001 or it was painted.

OP
OP
A

ALDOAVME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK got the VIN and it is a 2000 so is too much for this car or should i write him the check today? i was having a hard time deciding GTS or rt/10 but with the hard top with this car i dont think i can go wrong

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....friend just bought a 2001 yellow RT for $54K....4K miles, perfect, but no mods to speak of.....I still think you are in good shape price wise if you like the add ons....they are expensive to purchase later....!!! Bottom line...it is not going to appreciate, if you must have it, BUY IT and don't look back....

OP
OP
A

ALDOAVME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Life is funny i posted this thread 13 years ago just after my 24th birthday, im now 37. time flies, I never got that car. I did however buy a house, get married, get divorced, go bankrupt get re married, have 2 kids and start my own business. I did sell the C5 and bought an NSX. Then a defender 90. and a bunch of other cars and now have a 1974 Jaguar E-type. But i Never gave up. I fell in love with the dodge viper in 1992 when Bill Mitchell gave me a poster of the car and a model. if i remember right they did some of the interior of the car shift boot and ebrake boot. i have had that poster on my wall and framed ever since. Well at long last i got one and i wasnt going to sell the e-type to reach my goal no more sacrifices. so here she is a 2000 Steel Gray RT/10 sorry about the photos
You must be registered for see images attach

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Very Nice... Congrats

I would have a real hard time deciding which one to drive each morning

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't the gen 2 rt10s have electric windows?

Yes.......

Every pic ive seen they were rolled down, so i just figured (incorrectly) they still used the curtains. I thought they had windows based on something i probably read years ago, so now im looking closer and dammit i can see them now lol. Im still not so out of possibilities on GTS's that i want an RT/10 instead just yet.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy update...when I first read the post I though you had just bought the car.....thanks for the update and congratulations.

Nice Jag BTW.