Viper Exterior/Interior Color Guide (pic)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
280Viper_Exterior_Interior_Color_Guide1a.jpg

I was checking out the Viper Exterior/Interior Color Guide (pic above)...
located on the VCA website at this link: http://ivr.viperclub.org/viperfeatures.html
...trying to understand the Guide. It took a while, but I think I finally understand what it all means. Now, to see if, in fact, I have learned how to read it right, will those of you - who think you know how to read it right, too - check my 2002-model-year interpretation of the Guide?

This is my understanding...

2002 RT/10 model colors:
1. Viper Red, black or tan interior.
2. Race Yellow, black interior.
3. Graphite Metallic, black or tan interior.

2002 GTS model colors:
1. Viper Red, black or tan interior.
2. Viper Red with silver stripes, black interior.
3. Viper Red with white stripes "Final Edition" (only combo this year), black interior.
4. Race Yellow, black interior.
5. Race Yellow with black stripes, black interior.
6. Graphite Metallic, black or tan interior.

2002 ACR model colors:
1. Viper Red, black interior.
2. Viper Red with silver stripes, black interior.
3. Viper Red with white stripes "Final Edition" (only combo this year), black interior.
4. Race Yellow, black interior.
5. Race Yellow with black stripes, black interior.
6. Graphite Metallic, black interior.

Of note: According to the Guide, there are no 2002 GTS Vipers in Graphite Metallic with silver stripes. According to BANKTHIS, he has a 2002 GTS Viper in Graphite Metallic with silver stripes (1 of 60). So is the Guide THAT incorrect?

Regarding Guide errors:
The following are two corrections that I have been trying to bring to the attention of Jason ([email protected]) who is the contact person for such things. My email keeps getting bounced back. I'll keep trying. If anyone knows of another email address, please let me know. Thanks.

Anyway, here are two other possible errors, one of which I have corrected in the pic that I posted above, so don't look for the error there, it does not show up, but these are the errors (possible errors) that I speak of...

Error 1. The error is located in:
the Exterior/Interior Color Guide on the Viper Club of America website.

This link will take you to the page in question:
http://ivr.viperclub.org/viperfeatures.html

Let me explain:
In 1996 there were black RT/10 Vipers with "saber-tipped" silver stripes, as well as white RT/10 Vipers with "saber-tipped" blue stripes. If you look on the Guide, there is a corresponding X in the box under RT, denoting the 1996 RT/10 that is white with blue stripes. But if you look in the box under RT that should have an X in it, denoting the 1996 RT/10 that is black with silver stripes, there is no such X. Should there not be an X here? If I am understanding the Guide right, I think there should be. (Remember, in the pic I posted above, I replaced the missing X, but if you check the original Guide on the VCA website, there is no X.)

Error 2. Also, I think there is an error in...
section: Dodge Viper Feature Highlights
under: 1996 Model Year
sentence: Red with yellow wheels, Black with silver stripe and silver wheels, White with blue stripe and white wheels, stripes are "sabre-tipped"
I believe the correct spelling is "saber-tipped" not "sabre-tipped"

And to think, the only reason I discovered this is because I was trying so hard to understand how the Guide works that, once I figured it out, the missing X was as plain as day. *chuckle* Imagine that.

Anyway, there you have it.

Let's see lots of responses on this most fascinating subject.

Let's get this Guide debugged and up to date!!!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS Blue (raffle) is an '02 and an ACR

So then you have a 2002 Viper GTS ACR in Deep Sapphire Blue with silver stripes? I presume its has a black interior. If not, what color is its interior?

If this is all correct, then in the Guide above, third row from the bottom, in the "PBW: Deep Sapphire Blue" row, there should be a black box in the 02 column, right? Unless the interior is not black, of course.

Oh, and your're sure it is not a 2001 that was raffled off in 2002? Because if that were the case, the guide is not in error. But then it does not mention anything about a raffle in either case. So it's at least partially wrong, if not completely wrong.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite was made with silver stripes in '02. I know that for a fact.

Wayne's ACR is a 96 and 97 year color (Viper blue) with silver stripes. It's a 1 of 1 raffle car, not sure if it was "made" in 2001, but I do believe it was raffled in '02. If I remember correctly, there are notes about the raffle cars and supposed one offs on the link.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS Blue (raffle) is an '02 and an ACR

An excellent point, and one that needs clarification, the VCA raffle cars and "unique" cars are not in this table, they are/should be noted in the notes in the Build info area. This table was intended to be for orderable and delivered combinations. The keeper of the "table" is:

Jason Thomasser
Contact Jason with corrections, updates or additions:
Email: <a href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]&lt;/a&gt;

So cars like Roy Sjoberg's '93 with a tan interior and top (only one ever run down the line with a tan top), or the three white with blue striped '96 GTS's (looked just like the GT-2's, but two years earlier), or the VCA raffle unique color and model combos (like the one of one '01 RT/10 ACR a few years ago), or other specials like the NHL giveaway car designed by Dodge..... That is sort of what makes the site fun.... the more you look, the more neat things you'll find.

We are very close to unveiling the new Viper Registry site, it will have more than ever. As for the missed stripe combo, "oops".... it is in the "new site" in the build info area. We did not do the updates on the current site as it is going to be replaced soon.

Info for 2002 Graphite Metallic:

60 with stripes,
121 Monotone,
All 166 have black interiors

Sabre, Saber..... sort of a "which side of the pond are you from thing" :)

Oh, with all the comments on the GT2's inthe other thread.... The Viper Registry GT2 Registrar is:

Ken Wells
E-Mail: &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]&lt;/a&gt;

So cars like Roy Sjoberg's '93 with a tan interior and top (only one ever run down the line with a tan top), or the three white with blue striped '96 GTS's (looked just like the GT-2's, but two years earlier), or the VCA raffle unique color and model combos (like the one of one '01 RT/10 ACR a few years ago), or other specials like the NHL giveaway car designed by Dodge..... That is sort of what makes the site fun.... the more you look, the more neat things you'll find.

We are very close to unveiling the new Viper Registry site, it will have more than ever. As for the missed stripe combo, "oops".... it is in the "new site" in the build info area. We did not do the updates on the current site as it is going to be replaced soon.

Info for 2002 Graphite Metallic:

60 with stripes,
121 Monotone,
All 166 have black interiors

Sabre, Saber..... sort of a "which side of the pond are you from thing" :)

Oh, with all the comments on the GT2's inthe other thread.... The Viper Registry GT2 Registrar is:

Ken Wells
E-Mail: &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]</a>
P.O. Box 5380
Edmond, OK 73083
Work: (405) 340-1636
Fax: (405) 340-5877

I love this stuff ;)

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the up-date info, Jay. That's good news.

So, other than this email address
[email protected]
not accepting email, all my hard work in this matter is a big flop. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member