HRE 546 stuck

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drivers rear wheel will not come off and yes, I didnt forget to loosen the lug nuts? This wheel I guess is also hub centric which is locked on to the hub. Whats the best way to get this bad boy off. I was thinking of lowering the weight of the car down on it till it pops off. Ive tried a prying and tugging thus far. I need to change the stinkin battery, what a great design......

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds low-tech, but I'd sit on your butt facing the wheel, and give it a good kick. Maybe set it slowly spinning, and give it several good kicks.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've seen several wheels stick to the rear hubs - maybe incomplete drying??? We've used the kicking method, the oak 2x4 method and the chemical method (highly recommend a product called PB Blaster...) With enough persuasion, it'll come off.

ALDOAVME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man its Adam, why dont you swing by my shop and ill pop that thing off for you no prob, i have pb blaster here i have a little trick when it comes to a sticking wheel, jags are notorious for it. Dave is swinging by here in a little while ride up with him. while its off we can clean up the rust or corrosion and then put on some neversieze and might aswell do the rest of the wheels so you dont have to worry about them siezing on there

OP
OP
S

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to here from you Adam, whats your schedrule tomorrow? Im tide up all day today. Thanks for the info and Ill take you up on that offer when ever your available just let me know. Oh, before I forget, why dont you come drinking with us tonight there are a few pro cheerleaders in town that need to do some site seeing. Talk to Dave about it and let me know. Thanks again.

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here! I've got 546's as well and played hell getting both fronts off this weekend. Ended up under the lift and kicking from the inside out... not a position I enjoy being in. By the way, (anyone) what is PB Blaster?

ALDOAVME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring it by anytime ill be more then happy to help you. and i will definatly talk to Dave im always available when pro cheerleaders are involved!
Oh and PB Blaster is just a penatrating catalyst i think their claim to fame is that its a magnetic lubricant? Im not sure works well but i prefer Kroil, another form of catalyst.

OP
OP
S

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice guys. I tried my theory and it worked. I jacked the car up and slammed it down once then jacked it back up and let it down part way so that theres a good amount of weight on the tire. Then I shook the car alittle and it came off. Maybe this will be some sort of help to anyone else with a frozen wheel.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sell wheels in my shop, and this happens regularly. Put the wheel nuts back on but leave them a little loose. Drive the car back back and forward a few times, braking hard and accelerating hard. But be careful, keep the speed low. It always works, then afterwards clean off corrosion and use antiseize grease between hub and wheel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave