Received my new stainless H&H trailer-WOW!

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it yesterday and the first thing I did was to run my '94 up on it. The nose gets close to the deck but it never hits. This trailer is really a work of art. Pictures don't do it justice. To watch the ramps come out hydraulically is impressive, to say the least. :eek:

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is 16ft. I ordered it Jan 2 (yes January) and I don't believe there was any other option besides 16 foot at that time. As far as price, I had purchased two other trailer from them, but they didn't work out, and received a deal because of this. Also, the first 500 ordered got stainless fenders (aluminum is standard). I have aluminum wheels, which were standard at the time ordered, but now steel are standard. These are $800 in options I didn't pay. Retail is $5995 and $800 for the aforementioned options.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jason, Including viper, what is the appx combined weight and what would be the minimum type of vehicle that would be required to pull this safely? My SUV lease is about to expire and looking into leasing something with more power to possibly haul a viper in a trailer. Would a 6 cylinder pull this combo or would an 8 cylinder be required? Thanks.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald:

I had the same problem and purchased a GMC Envoy. You need something with a 6000 lb towing capacity. The GMC is a 275 hp straight 6, with the optional gears I have a 6300 lb capacity. There are a bunch of SUV's with 6000 lb or greater capacity, however, I believe all the others are V8's. Most of the full size V6 SUV's have a 3500 or 5000 lb capacity.

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald:
The advertised weight of the trailer is 1850 but my certificate reads "shipping weight 1950." Worst case scenario (my guess) 5500 pounds total. Well in the range of an Envoy, as Jack B stated. I have an Expedition to pull mine.

The first trailer I purchased from H&H was a 20ft EX. Could not get the roadster on it without some serious lumber. Back to the dealer I went. He said a 24 ft EX would work. The company even told me this. When I got it, no difference except a longer, heavier trailer. So they cut me a deal on the stainless.

Yes it's not cheap, especially for a open car trailer. The way I look at it is like owning a Viper. If you want something different and unique, it's gonna cost.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a real nice trailer and certainly worthy of hauling a Viper. Love to the pics when you post them.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For about $9K you could get an enclosed Featherlite trailer - all aluminum - probably about the same weight.... And for about 1/2, with the same ability to load a viper, you could get a Featherlite open trailer. both with EXCELLENT resale, warranty and service....

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go.
33MVC-237X.JPG

33MVC-243X.JPG
33MVC-239X.JPG

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude where's the Viper. Man that is one sleek looking trailer.

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, If I'm not on a plane to Texas, I'll be there. I might be running a little late. What time does registration end?

Reaction score
Jason:
You may want to look into the windscreen option for the front.

I've removed a bunch of crud like road tar,etc after trips, and can only guess how many rocks have bounced off the screen instead of my car.

Nice looking trailer!!

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason:
You may want to look into the windscreen option for the front.

I've removed a bunch of crud like road tar,etc after trips, and can only guess how many rocks have bounced off the screen instead of my car.

Nice looking trailer!!

I thought about that. Right now I'm trying one of those RV rock guards that looks like one big mud flap on the back. It attaches to the hitch and comes off when you slide the ball mount out. The only concern I see with it, it must be trimmed high enough so that it doesn't contact the road when the suspension flexes, a hole for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456