Has anyone added A.C. to their Viper?

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post - and it's gonna be an interesting one. Has anyone out there installed, or had installed, an A.C. set-up in their non-A.C. Viper. I have a 1994 RT/10. I would like it to be all OEM. However, I would consider a well thought out aftermarket set-up. I know that most of the items to do this are getting harder and harder to find. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 93 RT was not available from the factory with A/C, but a factory-designed kit was dealer-installed prior to purchase. Worked great, compared to no A/C at all.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did add it last year to my 92. There are no aftermarket ac units available. AC can be purchased through Dodge and their parts department. But get ready to pay through the nose. I bought parts off of a doner car, got the rest from Chuck Tator @ Tator Dodge. I was able to put it together with labor for $2500.00 (I got lucky on this one).

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanksfor the replies. I have a local shop who was recommended by my dealership. He was having a hard time getting everything. I already checked with Tator Dodge as well. But Chuck could not help. I'm glad to have heard from both of you. At least I know it's do-able with the correct parts.

Vipermed 97, I'll try giving you a call tommorrow. Thanks for letting me know you can help with parts.

Peace all!!!

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rcktmn,
I checked into this prior to buying my car. From the replies I got at the time, DC used to sell a complete kit
to retrofit a/c into a non-air car. They EOL'ed the kits
a while ago, and it seems that the last of the kits were sold last year. Some people mentioned having luck finding
cars being converted for racing, and snagging those parts.

Good luck with the search!

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
obaa996,
Thanks for that. I was told that when I bought the car. However, I simply waited too long. I guess that's proof to never put off what you can do today. Have o good one!

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gerald,

I wish it were. My problem would cease to exist. I am not positive about this, but I think it became standard issue on the RT/10s when they gave them "real" windows in the doors (1997-???).

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We did one last week.......... I guess We can do another........... I tried to email you, bot no e-mail listed

P A R T S R A C K ...............

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jon B,

I'll give you a call on Wednesday morning. Hopefully we can get something set up.

Thanks!!