Great gestures by the Vette Guys

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I were out cruisin in the Viper this past Sunday, and I forgot about a huge one day Vette show (over 1200 Vettes show up for this show every year) which took place last Sunday, right here in little old Hastings. There were about 10 Vettes lined up at the light to make a left turn, and we were on the opposite side of the light facing the turn. When the Vettes started to make the turn they couldn't help but see us waiting there, and every one of them waved enthusiastically and some even gave us the "thums up" sign. Very nice of them to do this and of course, we returned the compliments as well. Nice to get the recognition, and to give it back also, great bunch of folks, and some extremely nice examples of Corvette iron to boot!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had a feeling that there has been particularly bad blood between Vipers and Vettes.

Same here. Just some friendly ribbing. The only bad blood Vette owners are the mullets in some ragged out POS Vette.

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With a few exceptions,I think generally the comradery between the vette and Viper owners is common.I get thumbs up from Vette owners all the time and I can see you feeling good about it !

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,

I once owned a 98 C5 and my dad owns a 99 C5 with extras and 150 shot of NOS to at least keep up with me now :p . I will always love Vettes, but probably won't ever go back unless they drastically do something and beat out the Viper :D .

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Generally the C4/C5 owners I meet in my area tend to be a little to poofy for my tastes. I can't help getting the feeling that somehow (viper or not) I don't have a right to be riding on their roads. More than once I had to actively resist the urge to *****-slap them back into reality.

The Zo6 owners are a different story, no complaints whatsoever... yet...

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Corvette person is a Viper owner in waiting, usually for more money to appear, lots of them keep their Vettes too!

That sounds about right... ;)

By the way Lee, thanks for all our advice you gave me about 4 months ago on the Corvette. I decided to keep it after all. Too many memories in that car to sell it for a couple of bucks...

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even IF Chevy came out with a faster car, my allegiance is to this car and the VCA! When I had my Vette and I would see a guy in a Viper I'd always wave and say, "Your driving my dream car!" Yes, I do think most of the Vette guys are nice overall and diehard car enthusiast, but a few a-holes can ruin the reputation. Of course, they probably say the same thing about us! :D

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually get the same gesture from C5 owners - it's the "rolls the window up at a stoplight" gesture.

Other gen Vette owners are usually okay. C5 owners by and large are a different breed. Not all, just more in my experience.