Maintenance Questions - coolant, alignment

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So..... Let me get this straight..... the only way to fill the coolant system is through the hose that goes to the "overflow" bottle (that is in the dungeon),from the "deaeration bottle" (that's what the SM calls it), using a turkey baster?

I read the service manual references about alignment and body ride height, and I can't imagine any tech taking all that time with the ride height and ballast in the trunk etc. Does all that need to be done, or can I just go to the Mopar store and ask for a 4 wheel alignment?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is asort of a trick question. The only way to fill the facia overflow bottle is from the hose. I have a funnel with a very small end works the best for me.

You fill the coolant system where you take off the radiator cap at the surrogate tank. If you are just "topping off" the system with a little extra fluid you can fill through the hose into the facia bottle instead of opening the cap and the car will pull the fluid in during the cool cycle.

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Craig, thanks for the help, surprised no response on the alignment question???? :-(

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had the car aligned by Archer Racing at the Viper Days event last weekend. They did a great job and the cost was reasonable.

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,
I'll wait till July when he's at VIR, probably get some other maintenance issues taken care of too.
I was debating on a Dodge store, questionable Viper tech, or Archer at a Viper Days event.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4