One more reason to attend Viper Days

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It finally happened. I found myself standing at the track needing (of all things) brake pads.

In 2 sessions (one practice and one qualifying) I cooked a front set of Brakeman 4's and OEM rears. I mean cooked to the backing plates all the way around...

No problem (I say) as I have 11 sets front and rear in by special brake pad tool box (not to mention another set of rotors.

Hmmmm... I wonder where that special box is. Not where it usually is in the trailer... hmmm. not anywhere in the trailer. OR in the truck because it's at HOME in my garage. Whose the idiot who %^&*#(_*_ oh that would be me.

Not a vendor on track with rears (although they did have fronts because they are have other applications).

So.... off to the nearest town to NAPA. NOPE! Nor their other 2 closet stores either. Autozone NO. Pep Boys Nanaway.

So, after a whopping total of 35 minutes on the track I'm GOIN HOME!! Lika luser. 3.5 hours there (although I went via Altanta - another story) and 3.5 hours back. Yeah - coulda gone back but after being whipped like that by your own poor planning I didn't feel up to it for another 65 minutes (grand total) of track time.

ViperDays has track support. Track support for Vipers. It means alot when you have a Viper specific requirement. I'd have been back on track in as long as it took to walk over to the Archer Racing Accessories trailer (and would have had a choice between several pad compositions too).

Remember to thank those guys who are there to support you and the Viper Days crew for making it happen.

It all seems so "normal" until your out there in the wild wild run whatcha brung world where Vipers are the exception and you realize your all alone.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can also speak from experience. After my 1st weekend on a local track, I soon realized that the OEM brakes were not reliable for hard driving on the track.
So not having much time to deal with the problem before Viper Days @ MAM, I decided to phone John Archer. I made an appointment to get my brakes upgraded Fri afternoon.
After driving 640 miles, I arrived in the pits at 1:30pm.
Within an hour and a half my car was done and ready for Mid America Motorplex.
During the second run session Sun morning I could tell my front pads were getting low.
After that session I pulled up to Archers pit and they put new pads on while I had lunch.
I made it to my next run session with time to spare, in fact my last two sessions where my fastest of the weekend.
It was a great service for me and several others. It was just like having your own crew and parts truck!

Mark 00 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small bit of advice

You should have checked with some of the drivers. I keep in the trailer an extra set of rears for the parking brake. Come to think about it, an extra set of OEM's and brakeman 3's!

Mark

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Small bit of advice

I guess it kinda sounds like I drove 640 miles to get pads.
What I really mean, is that Archers were at the track peforming this service, which is where I was going anyway (Viper Days).

And Mark, thank you, I will keep that in mind the next time I'm at Viper Days.
You noticed I said next time, because there will be a next time. What could be more fun than putting your Snake through it's paces on some of the best tracks in the country!

OP
OP
N

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kenny was with me (we were the only two Vipers). But, Kenny has mack daddy enduro Brembo 6 caliper monsters on his car so his pads wouldn't fit.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember something like this happening to a friend of mine at Summit Point. He came from New jersey. Phone numbers are great to have. He called me up, (i was 2 hours away) i had a set and they were delivered. There should have been lots of viper owners in the atlanta area that could have helped you...PS...by the way how did kenny run on saturday???Road atlanta turned me down for saturday and i tried to register about 6 weeks ago?

OP
OP
N

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Atlanta is 4.5 hours away (I was visiting my brother there the night before and home was 'only' 3.5 hours so Atlanta crowd would have had to love me more than I love myself to bring them...

Kenny always does well. Not sure how he finished exactly each day but it will be posted soon. He's doing real well in points.

I'm surprised Road Atlanta is sold out already. If you want to run Charlotte you'd better register fast. It's the only superspeedway before Daytona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper