Cowl update and inquiry

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got mine today from Autoform. it looks great as it is silver with black venting, matching the hood of my silver 99rt10 just perfect.

in doing the install, i noticed there is no rubber stripping like that on the original cowl, this is a problem as without the rubber stripping a noticable and unsightly gap is evident between the windshield and cowl. the original is adhesed to the orig cowl so removing it, short of minor surgical precision, is not an option.

anyone else with the aftermarket cowls notice this "flaw"? did Autoform just overlook the rubber on my cowl or am i expected to be the ultimate DIYer?

Its a very nice piece and id hate to send it back as it would look great when/if properly installed, rubber and all.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
The parts manual that I have doesn't list a seperate part # for the rubber strip. If you decide to try to remove the rubber from the other one use a hair dryer to heat it a little at a time to remove it. Should come off pretty easy.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The after market cowl doesn't come with the rubber. I installed mine without it with no ill effects. Max heat transfer through the vents even after shutdown. Vents too hot to touch. Great mod.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456