Very Nice Custom Interior Job, done for under $800.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dansauto sent me pictures of his Gen I with his own custom interior job he did himself. I really think the transformation took great shape and especially for the $ invested and a little sweat equity.
Got me considering do I want to do my interior now!

Here are a couple of pics plus one from before with the stock grey color.
165DansInterior-med.jpg

165Dansinterior1-med.jpg

165DansInteriorBefore-med.jpg

Plus one of the front splitter he put on. The car will come alive once he gets his 19" HRE 447's next week. Very nice to see such a beautiful GEN I.

165DansSplitter-med.jpg

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like that car was sitting in the shop for many moons. With the top off no less. It did turn out nice in the end though.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, thats a lot of yellow! I especially like the dash. Is that painted? It kind of looks like a plastic material.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, thats a lot of yellow! I especially like the dash. Is that painted? It kind of looks like a plastic material.

Austin

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ed, yes this car was totaled and rebuilt, hence the dust. Lots of blood sweat and tears. But it came togather nice. Note I have less than $1000 invested redoing the inside (minus my labor) This includes recovering the seats in italian leather that was dyed to match my paint!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much of one color for my taste. I particularly don't like the guage pieces painted yellow, sticks out too much to me. Albeit it looks like a fantastic job! I'd like to have something in my Viper (too bad I don't have one now). And for only $800?!? :eek: I don't think you can beat that price. Job well done. Those HREs will make that RT/10 a poster car.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes dash is OEM painted PPG global base/clear. I took took it out of the car and used a filling primer to elimate the grain then painted it 3x for that look (to match the body)

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan nice job, looks great. By the way when you mounted the splitter did you paint that plastic cleare flat mounting bracket or did you leave it clear. I was wondering because I will be mounting my autoform splitter next week and I didn't want the bracket to stick out like a sore thumb. When you mounted the splitter to the bracket does any of it extend past the splitter?

BTW heres my interior by chad of Snakehydes..He does beautiful work as well

Boy does the new interior make a difference in the car!
Adam

207014_14-med.jpg
207011_11-med.jpg

207012_12-med.jpg

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like it or not. LOL It's so very different. I'm so used to seeing Viper interiors done in color from the seats forward into the black dash. Like and dislike aside, it's topnotch work. If I didn't know better, it easily looks like the Viper came from the factory like that. Congrats on a fine job.

You must be registered for see images

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a place that can do these types of interiors in the San Diego, Ca. area?

Also, I am about to buy a 95 Viper RT/10. Anything you guys suggest I look out for? And should I buy a warranty for this car if it is available?

Thanks

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dansauto,

I do NOT like the cars I see with the bright colors on the interior.

BUT I DO like your car. You did a nice job for ANY price.

For Adam96's car it is nice but I just don't like the Viper RT/10 lettering on the arm rest or the shifter and the red eye on the snake.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dansauto,
HEAVEN!
WOW! love it !
i agree alittle black contrast on the gauges ..maybe...
but wow!
it looks simply awesome and no Vipertax!!!
good for you! see interiors can be done and done well with spending $8k
SWEET!!!!!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Superbar, you should have thru 11/04 to get a warranty for your 1995 as Chuck Tator told me I had till 11/05 for a warranty on my 96.

Dansauto, great workmanship. Are those 3 spokes chromed? If they are, they sure look purty. I'm thinking of chroming my 5 spokes this winter and think yours look great.

Gerald

MrYo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it! it's different and original! Did he buy a kit for the seats or did he make the covers also?

MrYo
93 RT/10 Venom 500

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Very Nice Custom Interior Job, done for under $800.

I like it! it's different and original! Did he buy a kit for the seats or did he make the covers also?
MrYo
93 RT/10 Venom 500

dansauto: "Note I have less than $1000 invested redoing the inside (minus my labor) This includes recovering the seats in italian leather that was dyed to match my paint!"

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!!

I like it Dan! I have been waiting these pictures, your car looks great. I'll have to go into the garage now and look at my all grey interior.....

Lauri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper