ANYBODY EVER GOT HIS VIPER OUT IN WINTER???

Rice-Eater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so thats the question....I dont want an explanation of why u dont get it out cause that I know why.......I just wanna know if u EVER got it out and how it was........also did u put winter tires(...dont think any would fit on a viper tho)......

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no such thing as winter tires for the snake. I have driven my cars in winter. picked up the SRT Jan. 14th and drove home from CAAP. I never drive when ice and snow are onthe road, or it it has been recently salted. Other wise i dont remove insurance and will try to drive the car every 4-6 wk or more frequently if the weather permits. same situation w/ my '01 and '02 RT/10's. the technology in the frame and body construction today i figure a good bath after a ride and no harm done. and what are the chances for corrosion with a car that is mostly plastic. chances are also i wont own the car long enough to have it rot away anyway.

OP
OP
R

Rice-Eater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im surprised to see someone gets it out often.......the reason im asking this is im thinking about getting an srt-10 or a gts soon instead of in 2yrs(like in my sig) and I was asking myself wats the best for quebec.....since my car I drive it all year long with summer tires without probs and that a viper would "normally" be for summer only....

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody a long while ago posted this great video of himself having fun with his snake in a snowy parking lot. It was a great, great video. Try doing a search.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive through the winter, and have driven on solid ice before, but don't recommend that ;)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
145snow.jpg

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
that is not a Photoshop pic. Am I correct, ViperGTS.

Also, isn't real snow or a real car ;)

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can only remember driving my Trans am a few years ago through a blizzard and doing spins and donuts all over the road.Never again,thanks!
Viper should be pretty much the same,but worse!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO photoshop.
REAL pic.
REAL snow.
REAL model car.
:D

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought my viper in Feb. and i drove it often. However, i do live in a snow-less land, northern california

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas winters are easy to take the Snake out in!

Can't beat the low intake temps either once the tires come up to temp a little bit...

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
I drive my ACR in the winter on dry days. I don't drive it when there is snow, ice and/or salt on the roads. My experience with the tires is that they have little or no stick when the temperature is at zero (F) or less. Cold tires and a cold street make me very cautious now.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine in the winter on choice days. Roads are clear and dry. Temps are below freezing. Last fall I got caught in Vermont on Columbus day weekend (Oct. 10th or so). Took the wife on a weekend getaway. Woke up in the morning with 1/2 an inch of crusty snow and Ice on the ground. It was real tricky getting out of the motel parking lot, but I got the car out without a problem in second gear. Took 2 washes to clean things up.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had to move car in the snow about 100 yards.
from one garage to another.
had about 4-6 inches on the ground

first,second gear were useless.. just spun.
third worked and plowed me thru..
it was fun but scary .. didnt want to slide into the building i was going into.
i wouldnt recommend it.. but i had little choice the roof was collapsing due to the massive
snow storm.. ekk!

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We drove two Vipers to the Invitational in Las Vegas in '99 and got into a serious snow storm on I-70. The Vipers run really well in the snow, but our big worry was chunks of ice that fall off the semis. We white-knuckled it...and had a ball!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery