Need support!! Fix for heated side sill and most of the heat in the car.

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need support!! Fix for heated side sill and most of the heat in the car.

How long have you been waiting?

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like DODGE did NOT learn anything from the past "side sill heat thing" :crazy:

While I'm no fan of the south Florida 90 degree, 90% humidity days we have this time of year, I find the SRT to be no worse than my GTS heat-wise. In fact, it seems like the top of the SRT sills are cooler than the GTS though they're plenty hot on the exterior side. Maybe my very late model-year SRT benefitted from some heat-controlling enhancements? (And while the stock exhaust sound won't compare to Corsa, etc., the SRT exhaust sound is far improved over stock exhaust on non-SRTs).

Twosnakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been waiting about 3 weeks since Jason said I'll ship them out in two days..........
Oh well, An exhaust pro in NY claims he will be making a "KIT" with "CAT foolers" for $500.00 with free US delivery in four working days!
I'll keep you posted.

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got a call from Jason at RSI yesterday. Kit was supposed to ship out last night. Should have it in a few days. probably will not get it installed until next week. Will report back.

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For some reason my replies have not been working, will try again. I got a call from Jason at RSI yesterday. Kit was to ship last night. Will get it installed next week and report back.

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Received the cat kit from RSI and installed it last week end. After looking at the stock dual cat configuration it is no wonder why the foot wells are so hot. The RSI made a big difference in the sill tempature and the exhaust sound is better but not too load.

Twosnakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got mine the other day and installed them. The fit was questionable (the pipes were not marked Right or Left). Jason tried to help with a measurment but I am still not sure if they are mounted correctly. The left pipe hanger struts needed to be bent to fit.
Anyway the car sounds 100% better!

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you have each pipe on the wrong side. I had the same problem before I swiched sides. Now the fit is perfect.