Need support!! Fix for heated side sill and most of the heat in the car.

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am talking to a company about making the piping to get rid of the cats. The piping will go from the exhaust manifold to the stock muffler. The piping will be an easy bolt on application that can be done in your garage. The original system can easily be bolted back on at any time. The heat would be virtually eliminated and performance would be improved. The side sills will no longer be hot.

I am trying to get as much support as possible to get this done. Who would be interested in this modification?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very interested. Have you thought about what to do about O2 sensor issues and how to defeat them?

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A talked to TNT (they are not the company that will make this), they said they have run the SRT-10s without cats and no service lights have come on.

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The company that is making the piping for me is www.racingsolutionsinc.com
They claim there will be no problems with the o2 sensors because simulators are going to be used with the kit. The simulator will trick the computer to think that cats are in place. The kit delivered is about $700. There will be a nice hp increase and all the heat on the sills will be gone. Most of the heat in the car will be gone also. I will have my kit in about 10 days.

If you call them up, please tell them that Scott sent you.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take some pics of the parts before and after installation for us. Inquiring minds want to know.

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you call them up, please tell them that Scott sent you.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the drawback with mass producing replacement pieces, aka test tubes, is
the watchful eye of the Feds. It just seems they were somewhat common to
be advertised years ago, and now you rarely see any ads. But I guess you
never know until the axe falls.

Sam Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If o2 sensor is not a problem and it would pass IL. emissions I would jump on it. The heat issue is my only real complaint with car. I swear its not one bit better than my old 97 RT/10 in that area.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look forward to hear your comments on ease of installation, "new sound" etc..

Will you do a before/after dyno test.

Have you done KN filters already

Please let's know

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I should have the system very soon. The $700 does include the 02 simulators. Keep in mind that heat is very tough on the side sill paint. That is the main reason I am having this made.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pass emissions w/ no cats? i doubt it, but you never know. if this were bolt in and out i might go for it. any disadvantage to no o2 sensors?(besides engine codes) possibly?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like DODGE did NOT learn anything from the past "side sill heat thing" :crazy:

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve got 6000 miles on my SRT/10. 4000 stock and the rest with TNT Headers and exhaust. The side sill heat issue was not an issue on the stock configuration. Dodge did insulate it better. After the TNT headers and exhaust it was even cooler. I drive now in the summer heat and the foot wells or not hot at all with the top up. With the top down there not that bad when cruising, but the whole car is hot when stuck in traffic, can't escape that, and that is caused by the flow through of air in the firewall. Removing the cats are not going to help. I have not had any DTC's since the header install (no cats). IMO the route to go is the complete header package from TNT, and at least you get HP increase and better sound and the reduction in heat.

Dean

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you removed the cats, did you have to use the 02 sensore simulators?

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE HEAT IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I finally installed the pipes that www.racingsolutionsinc.com made for me. I also installed the 02 simulators they supplied. The sides get a little warm, but now you can leave your hand on them with out getting burnt.
The car idles like I installed a cam, nice and choppy. When you accelerate, the car now sounds like a race car.

The workmanship on the pipes where first rate and everything bolted on perfect. No check engine lights have come on. If you want to get rid of the heat and want better performance and sound without breaking the bank contact Racing Solutions.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
homesite,

Congrats - I am very interested!!

1) How loud is it at normal highway and cruising speeds
2) did you do any before/after dynoruns
3) how long did it take you to install
4) Price - if you are allowed to say

Where are you located - I would to hear/see this installation first hand

Thanks

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need support!! Fix for heated side sill and most of the heat in the car.

I am located near Fort Lauderdale. The toughest part of installation was removing the side sills because it was tight to get to a nut on the highest part of the sill close to the wheel. The v clams were hard to remove also but with a hammer came loose. Putting it back together was much easier.
The car is not to loud during cruising, but gets real load on full acceleration.

The price for the kit was in the $600-$700 range. This price included shipping.

I did not do any testing because the car only has 400 miles, but It does feel stronger.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi home,

I live close to ft lauderdale myself - Miramar (as far west as you can come on Miramar Parkway). If I may and if you could spare the time one of these days I would love to go see/hear your new beast. I am anxiously waiting for my 04 from woodhouse/bill p (I should be one of the first ones to get a 04 just judging from the fact that I have waited since Nov 2000 - ARGH@#$ - I can't wait much longer).

Have you also done K/N filters

Anyways I hope we can hook up - what color did you get.

Best regards

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will be going to the Tower Shops in a few weeks. I will contact you when I am going so we can meet.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something to consider - When I removed the cats from my 1998 GTS, the smell/fumes was terrible. Not sure if this would be an issue with the SRT10, but I would expect the same.... High flow cats is the way to fly, IMHO. Decrease in temps (although not as much with no cats), no smell/fumes, and will pass emmisions. Inexpensive as well....

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After driving the car today, the sides still get fairly hot without the cats. It probably is the muffler.

Twosnakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have ordered the the "Eliminators", I can't stand the heat so I'm modifing the "Kitchen".
I too am worried about the "Stink". We'll see............

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

homesite,

That is very suprising. When I removed the cats from my GTS, the side sill were cool (warm at most) to the touch. Even after aggressive driving.

Later

Twosnakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Scott,
I ordered the pipes from your man ,RSI, and he is "sitting" on the order.
How about using your influence and ask him to ship them out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper