Lost to a Mustang........I'm so ashamed

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost to a Mustang........I\'m so ashamed

I lost to a Mustang on Woodward tonight. He beat me badly. Eventhough I spun my tires he was running a blower and on the bottle I'm still so ashamed.

Firstly ashamed for being trounced so badly but also that I partook in street racing. I NEVER street race. But it was a nice night and there were a lot of cars out. I guess I got caught up in the moment maybe trying to live the old days cruising Woodward Ave. Anyway I went home like a dog with its tail between its legs.

I guess I'm going to have to find some more horses or better tires or learn how to launch this thing without spinning or just stay home and read the Viper forums....

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Lost to a Mustang........I\'m so ashamed

You SHOULD be ashamed! Read my sig! ;) There are lots of Mustangs that will trounce ANY Viper! I wouldn't worry about it at all! There will always be someone faster!

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

but you went home in a viper.. he went home in stang.. so in the end.. you still win :-D

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

but you went home in a viper.. he went home in stang.. so in the end.. you still win :-D

lol, righto!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly as noted by BC - there is always someone faster...and it could be a total pile of $hit that's good for one thing only - going really fast a handful of times!

Did ya have fun on Woodward though? If so, you shouldn't worry too much!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For a few bucks,and a flick of a NOS switch from inside you could beat dat boy.On a legal track ofcourse.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan berndt said it.

I dont balme ya for feeling like heck afterwards but ya just ahve to go and find a few more HP and go back and see what happens. this should give ya some incentive to find the HP......LOL

go for it

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that :( BUT what if you went home and saw Roe Supercharger waiting on your door :D My friend you need Horse power! LoTsA Of iT :D and of course learning how to ride all this horses ;) also i always loved the idea of NOS so again both can knock your door, just always be safe, Mbn

Anyway I went home like a dog with its tail between its legs.
I guess I'm going to have to find some more horses or better tires or learn how to launch this thing without spinning or just stay home and read the Viper forums....

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MbnViper, that's exactly what was going through my head as I drove home. I'm in the process of getting T&D's and next is forced induction. I'm debating between Roe vs. Heffner depending on cost and reliability. If I go with Roe can I tap you for your experience?

Everyone is exactly right. Thanks for all the encouragement that's why I love being part of the Viper community :)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey you have a Viper and that guy has a "teen" image car. Put some of those mods on you car and the rustang will go home with it's tail between their legs.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paint your car yellow and you will never lose another race. :cool: Seriously, do not worry about it. I have a feeling that there are plenty of guys on this site who have lost in a street race. You know how it is .... most people only post experiences when they win. At least you had the courage to tell the truth. In the end, so what? You lost to a Mustang. You still have a better car. Keep your chin up and enjoy the greatest car on earth. :usa:

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have yet to figure out exactly why the Mustang is such a good platform for drag racing. I got into them when I used to have a '94 GT Convertible with the 5.0 and a 5 spd. I just picked up a copy of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords MM&FF magazine and there are tons of Mustangs in there running 9s and lower.

I love my Viper and like it better than the Mustang, but that Mustang is still a nice car for what it is and I am glad they still make them. I am glad that folks without the money to go buy a Viper can still buy something and make it go fast realitively realiably, inexpensively, and easily.

Any theories on why the Mustang seems to do well as a 1/4 horse? My thoughts:
Short wheelbase and rides on a somewhat high soft suspension for good weight transfer.
Fairly light car that can be made lighter easily
Tons and tons of inexpensive aftermarket parts for a good mod stout platform of the 5.0 or 4.6L - I just paid over $3,500 installed for a complete headers to tail pipe exhaust sytem on my Viper. That would get you a Vortech on a 5.0!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I havn't seen any car that is a blower car run 9's!

However Mine will be the first blown Viper to run 9's. I willpost time slip tonight!

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Strickly performance has an 03 cobra with the kenne bell blower swap running 9.60s and another guy is running 9.80s @ 147.There are plenty more. Just a blower,cold air intake,headers,and some suspension mods. My 03 runs 11.10s @ 126 with just an X-pipe,catback,cold air, and a pulley swap on the factory blower

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those new Cobras are pretty wicked! They are blown though! Add a charger to a Camaro, a Vette or a Viper and you'll be in the same boat.

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the difference is that you can run 30+ psi through the new cobras on race gas and be fine...Cant do that with the vettes or camaros.The Cobra comes with complete forged internals

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As said before, you drive a Viper, he drives a Rustang.
End of storey!
There will ALWAYS be something FASTER, maybe MORE exotic, maybe just a POS with TONS of HP mods.
Anyone check the SVT or Stang threads to see if this defeat has shown up as a Viper Toasted thread yet?

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i still wanna see a cobra take on and off ramps at 80mph+ :-D could be kinda funny hehe

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As said before, you drive a Viper, he drives a Rustang.
End of storey!
There will ALWAYS be something FASTER, maybe MORE exotic, maybe just a POS with TONS of HP mods.
Anyone check the SVT or Stang threads to see if this defeat has shown up as a Viper Toasted thread yet?

I havent seen any posts about the kill on any of the Rustang :rolleyes: boards yet. And it doesnt matter if he drives a "Rustang" or whatever....He went home with the win.....

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually it was a fairly nice condition Stang. That same thought ran through my head. I thought "man those Mustang guys are going to be gloating all over the place".

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blownviper: My friend Andy has an '03 Cobra with upgraded pulley and a chip and has not run in the 11's or close- 12.4 best 1/4 mi. What else have you done to your car that has it running better than your no-cat snake? I would think your two cars are pretty equal in performance. Michael- former s5.0 owner

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a Pauls high performance cold air kit,2.8 upper pulley,Metco 6lb lower pulley,Magnaflow catback and X-pipe, and a badass Diablo chip!.I have stock exhaust manifolds and throttle body. My GTS ran 11.70s on street tires @ 124 leaving at idle(trying not to break the half shafts)cutting 1.79 60fts. The Cobra went 11.10 leaving at around 5k cutting a 1.59 60ft at 126 and some change on some ET Streets.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Guys, I know when I am on the Highway the road doesnt end after a 1/4 mile. I am no expert but, the Mustang has to hit a wall around 150, Its as aerodynamic as a brick. I Know my Viper pulls hard way past that...00PROWLER...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456