How many Vipers are in your state?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am often ask "How many Vipers are in Arkansas?" and I don't know. Is there a listing of ownership by state?

Inquiring minds want to know

Bill

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the article in Viper magazine refers to the state in which the Viper was originally sold. I'd like to know how many Vipers are currently in my state (and every state for that matter).....by year, type, and color, too. Anyone out there work for the DMV or know of a way we can find out? Thanks.

OP
OP
W

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hugh-I saw you on Cantrell a couple of weeks ago. You have a great looking car. Are you in the Viper club?

Bill

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The origin and current location of Vipers has always been of high interest to me. I believe that the International Viper Registry (IVR) could be the future source for this kind of information. The problem is that someone needs to invest a lot of their personal time to gather the information, put it on our web page and continue to update it. I am working on the 1992 & 1993 Vipers. By many different methods, we have found the location of about 185 of the 285, 1992 Vipers. For example; none were found to be in Arkansas, one was in Alaska and two were found in Hawaii. Of the two 1992 Viper's in Hawaii, one of them was originally in Saudi Arabia. They certainly have moved around the world.
The way to improve our information on all Vipers is for more folks to volunteer to work on a small group of Vipers (94/95's, 96/97's, 98/99's etc.)
So if anyone wants to help, please contact Jay Hubert and sign up for the Vipers that you are interested in. With the help of many more volunteer's we
can get this project completed and have the information available for everyone.

prowl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their is a lady that has 4 viper around 99-02 with out of state tags on them have also seen a red GTS and a yellow rt/10 Gen 2.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was in a VQ and the stats were for new sold cars per state. I think the top 5 were CA, FL, TX, MI, IL. There are a lot here in MO (imho) but we were in the middle of the pack on new sales stats. I guess we buy a lot of used ones here. That being said, I'm on my 3rd! :D

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's the stats up to 2001 from the mag from Spring 2002 issue for all states that posted here and then some...
AR- 48
CO- 210
CT- 158
HI- 16
MS- 48
TX- 783
CA- 1934
MI- 1235
IL- 1110

states I live/d in
MD- 244 (seen about 10 until last year not at meets)
VA- 208
OH- 686 (although I've only seen 1 twice not at a meet)

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Add one for Louisiana. I can think of at least 6 more around the New Orleans?Baton Rouge area

bhchase

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a BLACK viper here in Utah because i really looks good in the white snow, but am having a hard time finding snow tires ! I know of about half a dozen others here.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they make snow tires in Viper's size. I wouldn't recommend it (at least not in a Viper), but you can try to get smaller width 17 or 18 inch wheels and put snow tires on them. Smaller tires should help less with hydroplaning as well (like on rally cars).

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all, there's Treynor's (CA), Dr. Roof's (KY) and Gary A's (MD, ran 10.2). Those are the two most talked about right now, IMO. There are more coming out with over 900 HP, as well. I know Paolo will get it, and a few more from Heffner's that I know of (not sure where the owners are located, but Heffner's Performance is in MD, and DLM is in FL). Sure you have H-M-S, TNT, and RSI (a few more maybe). Tom Welch from FL of BTR is also a quick one. But the East is coming up in drag racing! Not to mention the VRL guys... Mumford, Pemberton, Woodhouse, etc.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michigan is #2 on the list? That seems strange. The IL number seem high also. I'm lucky to see one Viper every two weeks or so. Strange.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does MI sound strange. 'Tis car country here ya know.

Seriously there are quite a few Vipers in the immediate are. On nice days I usually see a few (not including mine of course).

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the Michigan number is real, The numbers for ownership for Corvettes correspond to this, big numbers of Vettes there compared to other states. I grew up and spent the first part of my business life in Michigan, given the fact that 2 out of 3 of your neighbors probably work for the auto makers, everyone is reluctant to buy Japanese or German or any foreign make, so the guy who on the left or right coast might buy a Z4, Rx8, 350Z, or anything else foreign stretches to buy the Vette ot Mustang, the highenders are gonna go Viper. I actually think this kinda thinking by the folks who developed the Viper who are insulated within Detroit led to the taming of the SRT styling wise compared to gen 2. IE, let's go get even more of that lexus, mercedes, jag convertible market, let's make our car more like theirs, just my humble opinion.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Mike you gots to be able to spell your own state??? ;)

Missed you yesterday. You could of had a free car wash like the rest of us!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once had a black 95 (was modd'd to Venom 600 #019, and silver stripes were added). I bought it from SW in TX.

It was sold new at Graceland Dodge in Memphis. Thus, I called it "Black Elvis."

Lee Dove painted it yellow, as it was far too fast to be any other color.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Lee, it's not snowing here. It's [******] cold today though, only 73. We're expecting 80s this weekend :rolleyes: , whoopdeedoo. And I want to wash the cars soon.

Birvini, one Viper every two weeks is a very decent amount. I only say about 10 Vipers (multiple sightings of some not included in this count), and 1 RT/10 (twice) here in OH. I did see the same Ferrari yesterday, I mentioned it a week ago. And I saw the Cobra/replica behind me on the way to work today(also mentioned a week ago). That dude must have been freezing, no top, temp maybe mid 60s, going 55.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have.... not to many :) I'd guess thre are fewer in AR than most any state. I know of about twenty, but I'd guess about sixty total is all. We have a tentative event in Mid August around Branson/F-ville, and one scheduled in Hot-Springs over the Halloween weekend.

We'll likely do a few car show type things over the summer. Drop me a line.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say here in the frigid north of Maine, There are only 3 that I know of, 2 of which the owners of had never even heard of the VCA!!! I filled them in on what you guys are all about and at least one of them was interested. He has a green '95 RT and his name is dean, hope he joins soon. I would say overall here in Maine, I have spotted (sought out) about 15, but I don't know of many more. I see the same '94 red RT at most of the car shows tho. The owner is a real Jack@$$ who has really let the car go, especially the interior :0(. Would love to see more, if any New England members are in the area of Portland ME or epping/manchester New Hampshire, I am willing to travel, would love to meet up with.

Nick

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is theres a lot down here in South FL (especially the Boca Raton/Palm Beach area I live in). There are 6 that I've seen in my community alone, an SRT and the rest are Gen II's as far as I know. I wonder if their on this board?

FL isn't on that list? I see at least one Viper every single day, exotics down here are as common as Ford Explorers if that says anything lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets