Previous owner of 93 Black R/10 ?

bhchase

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently bought a early 93 black R/10 Viper from Jared Peterson in Provo,Utah
(Vin 1B3BR65E2PV200351). He told me it was previously owned by someone from Texas, who he thought was one time president of the Viper club in Texas. No problems, just thought it would be interesting to talk to the original owner about the history of the vehicle. Thanks for any info.
[email protected]

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't mine. By the VIN, that one looks like it was probably an early car - external antenna and battery in trunk. Mine was #200771 built in June.

GTS Dean
Cen-Tex VCA dead president #1

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call the Texas dept. of motor vehicles, most states have a service that will give you a history of a car if you own it. Corvette guys do it all the time with the older cars, it is a big deal and increases their value if you can trace the documentation to the original owner. If you find a prior owner make sure to ask if he has any old paperwork associated with the car, window sticker, bill of sale etc or any original parts. Let this post go down in history as the first where a Viper owner was seeking his cars provenance, that tells us we're developing some hissstory.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The selling Dealer: Performance Dodge Inc., Woodbury, NJ 4/14/93
The original owner: Dan Fitzgerald
The last owner in DC's data base: Daniel Reidy, Houston, TX

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I'm seriously impressed! Are all Vipers documented that well on a database? That's a good sign for future collectibility and documentation that eliminates the possibility of forgeries...ie if one color turns out to be rare the thieves can't fake it if we can pull up info like this. For example on old Chevrolets including Corvettes there are NO records available, they are either lost or Chevy has simply decided to not give them up, even after dedicated efforts by very senior authors and officers of the varous Corvette clubs. While at Pontiac all the records are available and nobody can fake a collector Pontiac if the buyer is smart enough to check with the Pontiac historical society.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The selling Dealer: Performance Dodge Inc., Woodbury, NJ 4/14/93
The original owner: Dan Fitzgerald
The last owner in DC's data base: Daniel Reidy, Houston, TX

Thats why your the WIZARD!! :D

Austin

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I'm seriously impressed! Are all Vipers documented that well on a database? That's a good sign for future collectibility and documentation that eliminates the possibility of forgeries...ie if one color turns out to be rare the thieves can't fake it if we can pull up info like this. For example on old Chevrolets including Corvettes there are NO records available, they are either lost or Chevy has simply decided to not give them up, even after dedicated efforts by very senior authors and officers of the varous Corvette clubs. While at Pontiac all the records are available and nobody can fake a collector Pontiac if the buyer is smart enough to check with the Pontiac historical society.

Yes, that came from DC records. You can run any Vin# and get that INFO.
It also gives: In service date & millage, past 24 months Warranty history, Recalls [completed or not] and if there is a running Warranty on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth