First, send in the medical unit, then send in the... (pic)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red"> VIPERS!! </font>

You must be registered for see images

Beautiful shot from the recent Whiteman Air Force Base air show shot by Kurt and Cheryl of the Kansas City Club. They also shot this beauty on the way to the show...

You must be registered for see images

Thanks for the great pictures!

Chris

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great picture..... if only that SRT-10 guy wasn't "showing off" his 500/500 with his hood opened. Show off! LOL!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so time to bring this one back to the top. Just got another invite from the always gracious Sgt. Olas for this year's Air Show at Whiteman Air Force Base (home of the B-2 Stealth Bomber). I have already sent off invitations to the Gateway VCA, Iowa/Nebraska VCA, and the Minnesota VCA. Rereading this post, I know several of you would like to join us this year. With that in mind, here is the deal:

Date: Saturday, June 19th, 2004 (show also goes on the 20th)
Place: Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri
Location: Between Warrensburg &amp; Sedalia on Highway 50 (Knob Noster)
Time: Kansas City VCA will meet at 6:30 AM at Outback Steakhouse located at Douglas Road and I-470 in Lee's Summit. Depart for Whiteman at 6:45 AM. We will meet at the entrance of Knob Noster State Park just outside of Whiteman AFB about 1½ miles south of Highway 50 on Highway 23 at approximately 7:30 AM.

Now, we will be going through security checkpoints again, of course. We are to arrive as a group. This is for VIPERS ONLY, although if you are an associate member of the Kansas City VCA (Lotus, Ferrari, etc.) we would be delighted to have you join us. Other VCA members are invited from all regions and we would love to have you join us! Note that other Viper owners are encouraged to attend, however if you are not a paid VCA member you may not be able to get onto the tarmac with the club. There will be regular parking outside of the air field. If you don't want to join the national VCA on religious grounds ;) , you can become an Associate Member of the Kansas City VCA for $55.00, which includes a free Viper Calendar and an invite to all of our events (free Dyno Day, etc.).

For those that are interested in coming from out of town, drop me an e-mail and I will check out a couple nice hotel/motels near the base. Unlike last year, the Kansas City Club has since purchased two very large custom awnings (thanks Kurt!) which will make shade available near the cars for those that want to relax a little between demonstrations. We would love to show up with 40+ Vipers this year and will do everything we can to help our Viper guests enjoy their visit and the 2004 Wings Over Whiteman Air Show.

Chris

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For vipers only? I heard that before, are you sure its not going to be like last year?

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi chris,
I can't get a answer from tony, so I'll find out from you. I can't get the "properties" to the images in my gallery. When I move the cursor over the image, the cursor turns from an arrow to a hand. When I right click, I don't get the window with the "properties" like I do with the images above. This this is a new computer running windows XP ?
I can get the "properties" to the images in my gallery but only on thumb nail pictures why not the large image when is pulled up to show the large picture?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For vipers only? I heard that before, are you sure its not going to be like last year?

Last year we had only paid KC VCA members get on the tarmac with us. There are other car clubs that will also be attending (Ferrari, Cobra, etc.), but they have their own clubs and rules. We had one non-Viper with us and that was a beautiful Lotus Espirit - who was also a paid Associate member of the KC VCA. Our deal is simple: VIPERS ONLY, unless you are a paid Associate member of the KC club, in which case bring your other exotic car (sorry, even I can't bring the old family Truckster on the tarmac). The point is simply that we don't want VCA members to travel 500 miles in their Lexus and expect to be parked on the tarmac by all the jets and other Vipers. Not going to happen.

So in answer to your question, there will be other car clubs and thus other cars. However you will not get on the tarmac with that beautifully restored '57 Chevy unless you are a member of one of the participating clubs and they vouch for you IN ADVANCE, as well as provide your credentials a month beforehand. In other words, if you would like to join us you need to let me know immediately, as I will have to get certain information to the AFB in advance for security clearance. They are picky about who parks next to the B-2... ;)

Chris

PS. Kurt - it looks like your avatar doesn't link to a larger picture. Tony has been out of town and his e-mail non-functional. He is the only guy that can fix it. I am trying to help Ryck with his avatar too!

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C.Herm needs to bring his new Murcielago....he is a member.

We had a real strong turnout last year. I bet this year will be even better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456