Can't Disarm Alarm

VenomViperTN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can\'t Disarm Alarm

Out of the blue my 97 RT/10 auto arms herself...and with the clifford clicker, I can't disarm the (factory)alarm...I open the locked doors from inside...the alarm goes off and car won't start. I disconnected/reconnected the battery connections under hood but that did not do it. How do I make it leave me alone??????????

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can\'t Disarm Alarm

Sounds like the alarm needs to be reset.

Stand in front of the Viper, point the key fob to it and hold both buttons down until the horn blows. About 30 seconds I think.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm on top of your factory alarm. The procedure Chuck talks about requires the factory FOB.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are the front turn signals blinking? Is the "Alarm Set" blinking?

It is possible your battery is low. Below 10 Volts alarm sets and won't reset. You can check the battery voltage with a volt-meter at the positive terminal under the hood on the drivers side. Just clip the "+" lead to the positive terminal and the "-" lead to a ground (header bolts, or any bolt attached to the frame works fine).

Mine died a few weaks ago, it was so dead it didn't blink the turn signals. mine read 9.6 volts. Charged it up, and it ran fine for the entire Regional
Rendezvous in Dallas.

Purchasing and installing a Battery Tender is now on my list of "To-Do's".

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had extensive experience with this problem. How long are you disconnecting the battery for? You need to do it for at least 20 minutes. That always fixes it for me. By the way, most of the times that it happened to me (in fact every time except for once) was at one of the VOI's. I think that other alarm key FOB's confuse my system In other words someone elses remote alarm transmitter is effecting your car. Just my thoughts.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since the factory alarm is an integral part of the factory ECM most alarm installers put the factory fob on a relay that the aftermarket alarm clicks. IF the relay is not disabling the factory alarm, the problem you describe would happen. Can you get in touch with the alarm installer that did the clifford? My 97 Had an after market alarm and the factory fob was put under the passenger side of the dash (wired to a relay)

Good luck, alarm problems really ****....

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have a blown fuse under the dash. (fuse box) Part of the fact alarm. It happened to me. Trust me. Check.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pushed the driver side door lock button and now my doors are locked.Key fob does nothing...went and bought new batteries but still nothing.Only way to get in or out is by using the emergency door pull. ***** big time. Just got it inspected and wanted to ride some. Right now i have u8nhooked the pos terminal and am going to let it sit a while t5hen try it. Storming big time so im outta here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper