Thread: Vette and Viper owners, past and present you need to give your opinion

Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast

Default Vette and Viper owners, past and present you need to give your opinion

HERE!!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...&id=594604

These guys are just slammin the Viper! They say that they have owned/driven/experienced both and the Vette is a much better car. I can't believe it. I own both and Viper wins in every way hands down. UGGGHHHHH I can't stand all that horse manuer.

Enthusiast

Default Re: Vette and Viper owners, past and present you need to give your opinion

Heh! I'm glad they feel that way. Makes our Vipers more exclusive and less on the road. I like the roughness of the Viper, it's kind of like wrestling with your bigger uncle and the corvette guys are like wanting to give mom a hug. I'm for the testorone and not the mommy hugs! Now Tracy..not that you look like a man, but we both know you are one of the hottest gals on this site with a Viper and man that makes the mommy hugger vette guys feel like little ladies compared to you!

Okay, I'm feeling like a man and need to get a beer. Anyone wanna play mercy and punch me in the arm so I can show you I can take it.

Enthusiast

Default Re: Vette and Viper owners, past and present you need to give your opinion

If this is Tracy's husband..shame on you for making me think it was Tracy! Sick Hubby! heh! You guys miss me yet? All I can say is White Horse Saloooon!

Viper Owner

Hey, it's a 'vette forum - that's what they do...talk trash about every other car that's not a 'vette!

You gotta let those guys have fun in their garage - besides, ignorance is bliss. If they're happy living out a fantasy, no harm done!

(besides, it makes the look on their faces all the more priceless when they finally line up against a Viper...)

Enthusiast

ADAM!!!! Thanks for such nice words. Yes, we miss you but I think Chris misses you more.

Enthusiast

These guys are just slammin the Viper! They say that they have owned/driven/experienced both and the Vette is a much better car.
    I read through that whole thread and that didn't seem to be what they were saying at all. The majority of the opinions seemed to be, they are both great cars, Viper has more of an "edge" as an exotic, but the Vette is more comfortable/practical as a daily driver .

Seems to be an opinion shared quite a few people around here, no?

Enthusiast

What I dont understand is, why does the Vette crowd always seem to have something bad to say about the Viper but, the majority of the Viper crowd usually always has something good to say about the Vettes? I ran into a Viper owner a while back and he said that he didnt like his Viper and thought that the Vette he had traded for the Viper was a lot better. I just gave him a "what the he!! are you talking about" look. I understand that Vettes are good cars, theres no denying that but, the Viper is in its own class.

Austin

Enthusiast

Actually, I run across a lot of cool vette owners all the time. For example, my buddy Mickey with the LPE c5. Too bad Frank always hands him his Arse when they race.

Viper Owner

At the end of the day, when we zoom up and out a bit further, Viper & Vette guys are the same people.

We're all car folk. We're all enthusiasts - we've just chosen different tools of execution is all.

That even goes for the import crowd too - I might not be too terribly excited by a lot of stuff I see on the roads these days but when I see someone putting a lot of effort and sweat into their ride, I dig that. If they're car guys and they're into that more than anything in the world, they're okay by me.

Enthusiast

Most of the Vette guys that I know respect and admire the Viper. I will admit all the trash talking gets pretty old.

Enthusiast

What I dont understand is, why does the Vette crowd always seem to have something bad to say about the Viper but, the majority of the Viper crowd usually always has something good to say about the Vettes?
    LOL you haven't been around here much.

The truth is I've never said much bad about Vettes. My b*tch is GMs "cookie cutter good enough" attitude. I expect more from them than "here's your 350 now take it an like it."

But Dodge filled the void and boy, did they ever! Now maybe Ford is stepping up. GM? yawn.

Vette owners are much like Viper owners with the same level of respect and class. I think it has more to do with age and maturity than the type of car.

Enthusiast

I've had three Vettes throughout my life. The only one I would even be remotely interested in now would be one of the 427 390/400/435 models from 67-69, preferably a 67 with the factory bolt-ons, factory side exhaust and L89 heads. Red convertible with a black stinger. But now we're talking some real loot. Man, I wish I had a time machine - I'd go back and buy 5 of them.

New Vettes I don't care for.

REMIX

Enthusiast

At the end of the day, when we zoom up and out a bit further, Viper & Vette guys are the same people.

We're all car folk. We're all enthusiasts - we've just chosen different tools of execution is all.

That even goes for the import crowd too - I might not be too terribly excited by a lot of stuff I see on the roads these days but when I see someone putting a lot of effort and sweat into their ride, I dig that. If they're car guys and they're into that more than anything in the world, they're okay by me.

Totally agree. Arguing over who's car is faster, better bang for the buck or has greater gawk factor is like arguing over who has a bigger carrot.

Viper Owner

Totally agree. Arguing over who's car is faster, better bang for the buck or has greater gawk factor is like arguing over who has a bigger carrot.
    LOL!

Yup - turns into a weenie roast on most boards pretty quickly.

I've always liked Leno's saying on what kind of car guy he is (I know I've said this a million times before already) :

"If it's fast, I like it!"

True.