Race results; one for the viper

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wednesday is bracket racing for me and last night was a very tough night here for racing, almost 90 degrees and so damnn humid it drizzled a few times. regardless, still had a big turnout for racing. I ended up beating the track favorite in the finals in the StreeT Stick bracket.

I was expecting to pull better times (expecting 11.7-8's)but still ran several 11.9s. dialed in at 11.95 and won the finals with a 12.05. my best RT was .527 and my best time of the night was 11.96. 60' are still in need of much practice.

looking forward to next wednesday, new set of BFGs should be in by then :)

details of the night here; www.quakercityraceway.com

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rdustman, is that a new avatar? Pretty nice palace in the back :eek:

I think those are pretty sweet times. I am starting to realize at the track how bad humidity is for the car. Huge difference in my times when the humidity was way up around 90%. Like you those 60 footers are a challenge. Always seem to be between 1.80 and 1.90, but never lower... :confused:

I am definately looking into Kumho this week. My car shakes somthing fierce coming off the line; it feels baaaaaaaad. Are you running the stock tires? What are you dumping the clutch at?

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
running BFG drag radials and as for clutch dumping; im between 2500 and 3000, ive been spinning at 3000 and boging at 2500. im considering going a bit lower on psi and maybe thatll help a bit, im running 17.5 currently, im going to try 16-16.5 next wednesday

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, looks like you are really getting the strip dialed in. Already went through a set of tires? Man you are awesome. Now am I gonna have to come up to Ohio and drop the tire pressure for you. lol. 15 psi, hit the line loc and heat 'em up the first time really good and you are golden the rest of the night. I was getting consistent 1.6 60's last time out. Wait, why am I telling you this. I have to race you next year, unless you are gonna be packing some extra junk in the trunk. :D

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.6's damnn JS, i got some practicing to do. alright alright ill try 15psi.

whats this about the trunk ;)

word on the street is you possibly wont have much trunk space soon either, LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss