Aftermarket Exhausts and Emissions Testing...

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wondering if all these exhaust systems (from headers on down the line) are legal when it comes time to take emissions tests. I live in Massachussetts, which has full emissions every two years ~ similar to California from what I have heard. I just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with getting their cars inspected. Did it still pass the "sniffer" without cats? Or, which set-ups are legal (with or without cats)? I have a relatively stock 1994 RT/10. I am thinking of changing the exhaust. However, while I want to improve performance and sound, I also want something that won't piss off neighbors when I come home at night. And, more importantly, won't tick the girlfriend off!!!

Hope everyone has a great summer!

Thanks,
Paul

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares about emissions? Take off the cats, add an extra lumpy cam and wild head package. When youre spittin unspent fuel and flame shootin exhaust fumes strap a tree-huggin liberal pansy to your tailpipe and pat yourself on the back. Youve done a good deed today and the world a favor.

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SmokinV10,

I agree totally. But, I'll be dealing with unlike minds at the inspection stations. Thanks for the laugh, though!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235