Backyard Buddy or Cytech Double Park???

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of these companies are listed in the ultimate garage classifieds. I would love to hear about any past experiences and realiability with either company. I'm looking to add another Viper and want to stack them since I only have a two car garage and my wife's car occupies the other spot.

Thanks

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the cytech and have had nothing go wrong with the lift in three years and i love it, But the backyard buddy does appear to have a better locking system the tabs actually go into the lift uprights where the cytech has welded on tabs that they sit on. If i were in the market i would really throw an eye on the backyard buddy as the locking mechanism does appear to be a better design. Jerry

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done a lot of research. Backyard buddy the way to go. Purchased 2 so far. The first one back in 1992.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the Cytec Double Park and would not deal with them again. I ordered the lift in Feburary 2003 and finally after months of calling (3) the unit was delivered. I was told that i would be issued a credit for my problems and still to this day no credit has appeared. Customer service was less than a pleasant experience. I guess if you live in their back yard customer service is great. Its a shame that they treated me the way that they did, because i need 3 more lifts.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an Eagle and have nothing but bad stuff to say about them. The lift doesn't work well and it was impossible to get them to help. I then bought 4 Cytech lifts and have had nothing but good luck with them. Don't know anything about the Backyard Buddy.

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Cytech Double Park Model and am very pleased. The owner is Bill Lewis. I have found them nothing but reliable and very customer service oriented. I do know their unit was tested way beyond its rated capacity at Wichita State University and passed with flying colors. I have several friends locally and around the country that have the Double Park units and are happy with them.

They are available in several colors and are licensed by Chrysler to offer the same colors as many of the Mopars of the past. Red and gray are standard.

Good luck.

Tim

02 FE Viper 102/360

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with the people at backyard buddy and was very impressed with there knowledge and ease of which I can complete this project with there guidance. Thanks for all the great responses.

Larry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper