question about body emblems........................

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i want to replace the side and rear emblems, but not sure the best way to remove old ones, and apply new ones. any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first apply masking tape below the existing decals and mark the start and finish of the overall length, so you will get the new ones back into the
correct position, then using a hairdryer warm up the decal you want to remove
letter by letter and slowly peel them off. They will come off easily, next you need to clean/prepare the area removing all traces of adhesive residue before reapplying the new ones

after you've stuck the new decals, and removed the application tape give them a firm rub all around the edge and don't wash the car for a couple of days

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After heating up the old emblems use waxed dental floss in a sawing motion back and forth behind the emblem and household rubbing alcohol will remove the glue left on the car.

OP
OP
V

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the help. just got them in from west coast viper and will use the good advice. thanks again.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed mine a couple of days ago. I was amazed at how easy it was. I used a blow drier and the old ones came right off. I put masking tape around the old ones first so the new ones would be aligned properly. I picked up a can of 3M adhesive remover from Murrays and it took the old residue off easily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456