looking for an exhaust,not too loud

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last Viper I had a Borla and thought it was too loud when just cruising.

Want a cat-back that makes some power , bit not too loud

any suggestions and dyno #'s ?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All cat backs are quiet if the stock cats are still on the car.What you probably heard was drone or resonance at a certain RPM.The Corsa is almost drone free. Bruce

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save a few bucks and make your own. Get some hi flo cats and get rid of the muffler and throw a set of tips on.

195100_0278a-med.JPG

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The quietest is Corsa. Keep the cats if you don't want it too loud. I have yet to see any cat back make more HP than another. Most seem +-5 rwhp from stock but this is within a dynos normal variation, so it's hard to say. BTW Corsa +18rwhp is BS IMHO but I still like it the best :laugh:

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I like the Roe Supercharger?? I've had some problems, so I can't say it's excellent, but over all it's a good kit. With the latest updates it's much better than before.

The 1.5's 60' were with ET streets and skinnies. I could never get better than 1.9's with stock tires.

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the full B&B system Headers, high flow cats, and cat back. I love the sound, but it is LOUD. Not as loud as any system aftermarket system with no cats, but very loud. I would say in order of sound level, not sound quality, from quietest to loudest:

Snake-oyl Rear sub replacement
Borla
Corsa
B&B
TNT

I have not heard the Belanger system in person.

I recorded the db on a meter while dyno testing. I was about 20 feet away, but still in the same building. Being in the building I am sure made the sound seem even louder, but I recorded 117 db on the meter when he hit 6,000 RPM at WOT. That is loud by anyone's standard. I have seriously been thinking about ways to quiet it back down. The sound quality is great. I like it much better than any other Viper exhaust system I have heard, but I just need a way to take it down a few notches.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check the past threads.
mine was how to quite down a 3 inch exhaust.
I had random tech highflow substrate cats paid over $500
and B&B catback..just too loud for my RT
so comprimised with the neighbors and wifey.
put back on stock cats with the B&B catback and it is just perfect.
yes the footwells are warm and the sidesills [******] hot!!
but atleast it doesnt upset everyone.
but i must admit cools sills were nice.
good luck
Jim

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend the Snake-Oyl cat back. Has a nice throaty tone, burbles at idle and while letting off the gas. I think these guys are talking about the 3" Corsa catback, but the Snake-Oyl system is a louder and far better sounding than the 2 1/2" (oval tips) but not as loud as the Corsa 3", but near the same "sound". The Snake-Oyl has the just-right sound volume IMO. I've ridden in an '00 GTS many times with this system, and even driven it twice. Dyno'd at Heffner's Performance at about 500 HP with smooth tubes and K&N drop in filters.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I think if you are looking for something less obnoxious than the Borla, Corsa is the way to go.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,

This post was made over 2 years ago. Boy how times have changed. Went from what type of exhaust to buy ,to over 1200RWHP TT's.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
?

"Herc" brings this post up out of the cellar and posts and "X"...........***????

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you are anywhere near my neck of the woods in Guilford, Ct come down and take my 2003 for a drive with the system that we built in house.
Robbie

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
?

"Herc" brings this post up out of the cellar and posts and "X"...........***????

Look at the date of his x. He was doing that a few weeks ago. Since then he has learned how to save them to his favorites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32