Va/Md Region Annual Crab Feast - July 26 - Annapolis cruise after ?

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The central Maryland group is meeting Gus Strakes at Owings Mills Mall,
Macy's side, and leaving for Annapolis at 11:00 am. Meeting the rest of
the Va/Md region at the U. S. Naval Academy stadium at noon. From there
as a group through the Bay Bridge tolls, and over the Kent Island Narrows bridge to the Crab Deck for lunch. Expecting about 60 Vipers ?
Also going to try and have a 'mass bridge crossing photo shoot' if we can,
as the caravan crosses the east end of the bridge.

Afterwards, I plan on taking a cruise through the Annapolis City Dock area
on the way back to Baltimore. Anyone else interested in a short
cruise ?

Last year I pulled into the City Docks right behind a Testarossa 512.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Fun day, but traffic was a bummer. Route 50 was bumper-to-bumper both ways, and the DC crew got myred in Wildrow<sp?> Wilson bridge traffic. It was nice to put some faces to names.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traffic going to the tolls is always like that every year. To avoid it, you'd have to go through at 7 in the morning. No way around it. Everyone just going to the beach for a day or weekend, maybe even senior week. You get quite a few request to open the throttle once in a while when in traffic, which I'm sure you got that opportuinty.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ended up with 58 Vipers and about 130 people at the Fisherman's Crab Deck. There was a 10-mile backup for the Bay Bridge, and those of us in the DC group coming from Northern Virginia took about an hour and a half to get across the Wilson Bridge. It took me exactly 3 hours to get from our meeting place in Virginia to the Crab Deck, at least 2 hours of which was spent sitting in a four-lane parking lot. Despite the 90+ degree outside weather, the temp gauge on my Viper never went past 3/4. Weather was bright and sunny, temps at the Crab Deck in the upper 80's.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider yourselves lucky, Ron. I never thought I'd say this but I miss the MD weather. In Columbus, we've had low humidity mid to high 70s. I'm freezing out here. It seems like it's Maryland's mid fall. Maybe a solution is to take a ride in a Viper (without the vent blowing down on your _-_-_). Again, thanks for the ride at last years event, Ron!