NEED HELP!!!!! with VEC 1 tuning

WwBVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="blue"> </font> Need help with Vec 1 tunning i just got my car back from my dodge dealer we have a 1996 RT/10 and just got the T-Bodies bored out and got a aluminum fly wheel and the vec1 put on as we started to come home the car would ride fine then all of a sudden at low rpms the car would just go bogging up and down up and down with the rpms you could not even take ur foot out of the cluth because it was bogging on me so bad then when i got to high rpms it would stop for a while then at low it would do it again i need some one that has installed and tuned a vec1 and if they can help me with this problem if this has ever happend to them or if it is something else wrong with the car the vec was set at 0,0 when i got it
Thank you

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the vec 1 is at 0,0 you should not have problems.
perhaps the stock cpu needs to learn you new mods before you try and set your VEC1

My suggestion would be to disconnect the battery for a bit then see how the stock computer
learns you new mods.

My vec 1 is set at 6,-8

also i had all my vec1 connects sodered because when loose they create havic...
good luck
Jim

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with Jim - leave it at 0/0 for a bit (a few days), put some miles on it and then start tuning.

Remember to adjust two clicks at a time (don't jump right to your desired settings).

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<font color="blue"> </font> .......we have a 1996 RT/10 and just got the T-Bodies bored out .....

Be sure and check the throttle body synchronization also. If the cables didn't click back into place fully, one may have self adjured while you were driving home.

Regards,
Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave