VIDEO of legal race, Viper, Vette, Mustang @ Ecklers event

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just converted this ten year old video to digital. It is from Ecklers 1st annual reunion. That year the ZR1 registry/Ecklers rented Orlando Speedworld.

First off, please don't flame me for posting this video. I love CORVETTES and VIPERS. I have one of each now. Back when this video was shot all I could afford was a little Notchback Mustang LX 5.0.
I went to the Renunion with my Father. He had a 94 Vette and wanted to drag race it with the ZR1 registry/ecklers event. I parked my Mustang in the pits and was helping out my Father when the announcer came over the public address system and said...
"whoever had the guts to park a Mustang in with the ZR1's, we have one question for you... are you ready for the Viper" (there happened to be a new Viper there making a few exhibition runs).

Well this was like a gift from God. I did not go to race. I went to watch my Father. I was called out! Luckly I had my sticky tires on from the night before and proceeded to dispense every car there.

This was truly one of the best days of my Life!!!

Enjoy the Video. Might bring back memories for anyone who might of been there.

Ecklers Race Video

Thanks,
Jason

The video is about 3.0mb so right click and save.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good runs. Judging from the launch it appears you had some slicks on. At 110 mph you would dispense with either the ZR1 or Viper if they were on street rubber. If all were on slicks it would have been interesting. But your reaction times may have been the difference anyway.

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had M&H sticky street tires. The Mustang ran a best of 12.40 that day when I got a better launch.
If I was on regular street tires it would have been a different story.
:)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow, great reaction times. That may be ten years ago, but those are still great runs!