Roe Supercharger

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need input from you guys who have a Roe supercharger. Are you happy with it? I'm thinking about getting the latest verion Sean has to offer for 7,500. What are the dyno results? How about dependability? My viper tech would install it. I would love to here from you guys! :D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of people have them and it seems that most are real happy. Ask 1tony1 or cudaman they both have real nice set-ups!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the props Dr. Roof. The nice about the Roe S/c is the ability to do a few mods as your budget fits. The super charger is the best bang for the buck. Then you start adding mods ie 70 mm throttle bodies, roller rockers , more boost, etc.

A good friend of mine ....Fuelman has run a very low 11 second and could have run a high 10 sec on skinny and slicks. He accomplished this with only roller rockers and cat back ....No headers, no 70 mm and only 5 lbs of boost. His car is a true " creampuff".

1 tony 1 has run a 10.5 with a 96 or 97 with 5 lbs of boost and no internal mods.

Sean Roe in less than 1 year has dialed these super charges in, he also is a first class person to deal with as well as the rest of his staff. Just call him and talk to him about your intentions.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the props Dr. Roof. The nice about the Roe S/c is the ability to do a few mods as your budget fits. The super charger is the best bang for the buck. Then you start adding mods ie 70 mm throttle bodies, roller rockers , more boost, etc.

A good friend of mine ....Fuelman has run a very low 11 second and could have run a high 10 sec on skinny and slicks. He accomplished this with only roller rockers and cat back ....No headers, no 70 mm and only 5 lbs of boost. His car is a true " creampuff".

1 tony 1 has run a 10.5 with a 96 or 97 with 5 lbs of boost and no internal mods.

Sean Roe in less than 1 year has dialed these super charges in, he also is a first class person to deal with as well as the rest of his staff. Just call him and talk to him about your intentions.

Cudaman :usa:

Thanks for your input Cudaman!

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KOBE
You won't go wrong with a ROE..But until you are making at LEAST 650 RWHP you may want to re think your login name. I am sure CUDAMAN will agree!!

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KOBE
You won't go wrong with a ROE..But until you are making at LEAST 650 RWHP you may want to re think your login name. I am sure CUDAMAN will agree!!
The reason i selected "king-kobe" is because it is my e-bay id. I have one of the most impressive Kobe Bryant rookie card collections in existance. I have all 17 of Kobes rookies graded 10 gem-mint very rare. :D

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a great setup you wont regret it, also you can have the joy of installing it with or without a viper tech if you like, i did the installation alone with a friend with zero YES zero mechanic experience :D , the manual is easy, parts are organized and of course sean support, no dyno here but around 580 RWHP -/+ , my car run super fine no problems since day 1, drove it one day in a hot weather 112+ A/C on no problem at all. My advice is Roe supercharger not just the best bang for the buck, also it’s a great upgradeable setup i heard from sean he is coming with new pulleys and an intercooler and may more, you cant go wrong with this system plus sean great support :) . Mbn

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much is OJ's rookie card worth? anything? oh ok......
We go from a guy who isn't even found guilty of ****...yet anyway to a murderer like O.J.? Aren't we jumping the gun big-boy? O.J. was never considered the greatest athlete of his era either. :p

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a great setup you wont regret it, also you can have the joy of installing it with or without a viper tech if you like, i did the installation alone with a friend with zero YES zero mechanic experience :D , the manual is easy, parts are organized and of course sean support, no dyno here but around 580 RWHP -/+ , my car run super fine no problems since day 1, drove it one day in a hot weather 112+ A/C on no problem at all. My advice is Roe supercharger not just the best bang for the buck, also it’s a great upgradeable setup i heard from sean he is coming with new pulleys and an intercooler and may more, you cant go wrong with this system plus sean great support :) . Mbn
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. :D

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OJ was not the best ATHLETE of his era but he was the best runningback of his era. He could run faster sideways then most people could forwards. Ask any sports historian and they will tell you OJ was the best.

Kobe is not the best athlete anyway.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack. My only concern with the ROE is that the motor runs so damn hot that I am weary with cramming more metal on TOP of the motor like that. Best bang for the buck . . . Im sure . . . I would prefer the centrifugal blower from Paxton or one of Heff or Levs setups.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car runs NO hotter than it did before the ROE. Of course I put in a 180 T stat and watter wetter. 680 RWHP 690 RWTQ MORE TO COME!!!

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack. My only concern with the ROE is that the motor runs so damn hot that I am weary with cramming more metal on TOP of the motor like that. Best bang for the buck . . . Im sure . . . I would prefer the centrifugal blower from Paxton or one of Heff or Levs setups.

Hot!! i never had this, drove my car many times when temperature was 100+ A/C On, in fact i feel my car runs much better and cooler with the S/c, no flame but dont tell me you HEARD it :p ,lol a lot of "I Heard" :rolleyes: going around this days.lol anyway system runs great even in extreme hot weathers.ohh yah no 180T here too :D

S

SUN RA KAT

I have Roe Supercharger #35 and I really enjoy having it. The minor problems of the first superchargers didn't bother me because I was learning how to drive my Viper smoothly working my way up to full power. By the time I was ready to go full power Sean had pretty much worked out any of the bugs in the system. Then he started working on improvements. I am very happy with the product and Sean Roe. I will be doing much more business with Sean in the future. The twin screw supercharger system of Sean Roe is perfect for a street driven Viper - 350 rwHP at 3100 RPM, 400 rwHP at 3600 RPM, 450 rwHP at 4100 RPM, 500 rwHP at 4600 RPM, 550 rwHP at 5200 RPM. 603.5 rwTorque at 2800 RPM and 550 rwTorque at 5400 RPM. All numbers SAE corrected, but dyno run ended at 5750 RPM before peak power was reaached and lower than what I have now.

BTW - My Viper runs much cooler than before with the supercharger, except when going 25 MPH in a housing plat, then it runs the same temperature as before.

OP
OP
Y

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car runs NO hotter than it did before the ROE. Of course I put in a 180 T stat and watter wetter. 680 RWHP 690 RWTQ MORE TO COME!!!
Besides the supercharger what other mods do you have?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]We go from a guy who isn't even found guilty of ****...yet anyway to a murderer like O.J.?

[/QUOTE]

fyi: O.J. was found NOT GUILTY.
just for the record........
Now do I think he was innocent?????????? NOT LIKELY
Cheers,
Scott

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oliver rods-JE pistons-Jeff Morys Cylider heads-TD rockers-TNT headers-Comp coup exhaust-throttle bodies-355 rear-Gen lll valve covers-ROE S/C

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hot!! i never had this, drove my car many times when temperature was 100+ A/C On, in fact i feel my car runs much better and cooler with the S/c, no flame but dont tell me you HEARD it :p ,lol a lot of "I Heard" :rolleyes: going around this days.lol anyway system runs great even in extreme hot weathers.ohh yah no 180T here too :D

I didnt say anything about what I heard. I have heard nothing but good things about the Roe. I may even buy one if Levin and Heffner never call me back. I was thinking that cramping up the Engine compartment with more hot metal MAY make it run hotter. Roots superchargers run hotter by nature of their design anyway.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. Anything in a Viper engine compartment is going to be hot. I have found my s/c to stay cooler with the engine running.....air flow. Cut the engine and it does heat soak..as will anything around the engine.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct. I am used t calling Twin Screw compressors Roots (dont know why). They are only about 5% more efficient on average the the centrifugal ones. Where the S/C probebly doesnt generate more heat doesnt it get hot because its bolted to the engine? Where as the other sits out in front.I remember the centrifugal blower on my Bronco wouldnt get hot you could run it all day and put your hand on it. Where as My parents Jag you run it hard and the blower on top it super hot?

Does the Roe not get hot? That is the only thing keeping me from getting on. Im not confident anymore that my car isnt going to have another meltdown. Plus it get like 120 degrees in the foot well. I dont mind but the girl is well . . . a girl. :)

Seans Kit does look sweet (see vipermeds engine)

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its ok , but Roe supercharger is a twin screw type not the old style roots type superchargers, Roots Vs. Twin, screw type superchargers are derived from the Roots type concept but with vast improvements for street use. Although from the out side, screw type superchargers may look a lot like Roots type superchargers, on the inside you will find a twin-screw design that compresses air unlike Roots type superchargers which pump the air into the motor. Screw type superchargers have an axial-flow design that compresses the air as it moves between the screws to create positive pressure without creating the heat that Roots type superchargers can create. The Screw type supercharger's ability to produce a dramatic increase of power from idle. Hope this clears it :)

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MbnViper-

That makes sense.MbnViper

I have never understood why this viper motor runs so hot.

So does Roes kit sit any closer to the hood liner?

I see that you have an 01. Cast car, as do I. You using stock internals? I would love to do internals but the 3 tuners I called havent returned my calls. I guess I stink.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus it get like 120 degrees in the foot well. I dont mind but the girl is well . . . a girl. :)

and what if the weather is 120 :smirk: and u drive your Roe S/c viper :p been there dont that :D

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all stock man, just pulled the intake out and as you know Roe supercharger goes in :laugh: and about hot engines well when i first bought my snake i thought something is wrong engine,inside,etc really hot,i cant even touch it, but my car never runs hot before or after the S/C, and 2001 here so im still waiting the water pump issue to come :crazy: .

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does Roes kit sit any closer to the hood liner?

I see that you have an 01. Cast car, as do I. You using stock internals?

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not that close maybe its a lil higher than the stock manifold picture here:

You must be registered for see images

you can see the supercharger and the mainfold both go under the windshield and yes stock internals here "cream puff" :D

P.S. this custom yellow S/C setup is awesome the owner really did a great job (Two Thumps Up)