Viper wins Best of Show at Special Olympics Car Show in Orlando

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the snake to the 2003 Florida Car Show for Special Olympics Florida on Saturday. The show was sponsored by the Orange County Sherrif's Office, Citrus County Sheriff's Office and the Altamonte Springs Police Dept. I went with a couple of my buddies from the CFFB club since it was for a good cause. Entered the snake under the "muscle" category(5 to 6 categories total).

There was alot of muscle out there from souped up Vettes, Camaros, Road Runners, Impalas, Cobras etc. Couple of tricked out Ricers and several show trucks too.

Judging was done by the Special Olympic Athletes themselves, with the best of show being picked by one of the Sheriff's Motor Sergeants (who better to pick the hottest car of the day than a man who is always on the lookout for the Hot Ones):)

The winners in each category were announced and then the Best of Show/Law Enforcement Choice. Was about to pack up and leave and heard the announcement over the PA that the Viper had won Best of Show. Went up to the podium and picked up the snake's first trophy (this is the first show I have entered).

Everybody was pretty cool about it and were giving the snake all the props. The kids loved the car and you could see the excitement in their faces whenever they approached the car. It was a good feeling especially when you put a smile on one of these kid's faces. I am glad that I was in a position to make their day.

Overall, there were about 75 to 100 cars there. Chalk one up for the Viper and its gawk factor. Kinda funny as several people that I have often seen on the road were there and they came up to see what I had under the hood. They were impressed with the Roe SC and the other mods the car had. The HRE's were a hit.

Brought the trophy home and my 2 year old daughter claimed it right away. Oh well, another smile on another kid. Fun day in all.

Bindy

Roe SC Blue/White GTS, TNT Headers, Roller Rockers, Borla Exhaust, 70MM TBs,
K&N Dual Cones, HRE 546s, Baer Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Lowered/Eibach, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, MGW Short Shifter,

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was good that you were able to give back to your community and the kids. All the props go to Bindy!

Your are the man!!!!

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I will post pics of the car shortly. It really is a great feeling when one is able to just make these challenged kids smile for the day and help them forget their daily pains/hardships etc. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Kids and Vipers together always create smiles. Now, to get the interior of the car done with some new seats etc.

Bindy

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipercane, congrats on the trophy! We just won a Sponsor's Choice Award at the 3rd annual Dale Earnhart show to benefit the Grand Rapids MI, Children's Burn Center on Saturday evening. Totally unexpected, but grateful as heck to get it! The ol' 94's still got it! Right after the show, I took an 18 year old epileptic kid (Anson) out for a ride in the Viper. He would love to have one, but I don't think he will ever be able to drive because of his handicap. (His dad shows an older highly modified Ford Pick up truck that has one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen on a truck.) He loved the ride, and really appreciated the opportunity. I was more than glad to provide him with his wish! That means more than any trophy to me, but I won't give it back either!

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roland, thanks!! Congrats on your win too. You know your car made all the kids have a big smile. I am sure Anson will never forget that ride. It is such a rewarding feeling.
I am looking forward to the next show where once again disadvantaged kids will be a part of such as we are blessed to be in the position to bring happiness to their lives, even if it is for just a short period of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper