Looking for a Ride

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering buying a Viper but I've never even ridin in one. I was just wondering if there is any one around the Fort Worth, TX area that would let me take a ride in one. I'd really like to drive one once before buying one too. I've thought about renting one but that's a pretty expensive test drive. Any thoughts/ideas on the matter?

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought mine...never sat in one or driven one. Didn't care either. The performance was what mattered to me.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to Viperdays at the Motorsports Ranch on October 17,18 & 19. You'll see everything from an RT 10 to a Comp Coupe. Street cars, race cars, convertibles - they'll all be there.

If you can fit in my car, I'll give you a ride on Friday. It's not a streetable car, but it usually causes a smile that won't go away!

2926.jpg

Viperdays Photo by Trevor Walker

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest that you go to a dealership that has a few Viper's available and tell them that you are interested in the car. They should let you test drive the car after they probably run a credit check or hold a depoisit on your credit card to make sure that you can afford it. Yes it is a pain but if everything is ok then you will not have a problem.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought mine...never sat in one or driven one. Didn't care either. The performance was what mattered to me.

Ya … after taking a sit in an RT/10 and turning the key on, I made my mind. All it took was 3min. Yes, I wanted to drive one but due to the wet surface they did not let me. Next week the rain stopped and I bought a GTS, 200 miles from home. I drove it a few blocks only, paid, and drove home really slowwwww ;)
Some people need about a month to adjust to a car. Be really careful during the first two weeks. It helps a lot if you have driven powerful RWD cars (on wet/snow) before.
:D

OP
OP
D

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought about doing a test drive at a dealer but there none of the dealers around here have what I'm looking for. I want a 2001 or 2002 yellow with black stripes. And I wouldn't feel right telling them that I'm interested in buying one when they don't actually have what I want. My guess would also be that most dealers wouldn't let you test drive it unless you told them you were going to buy it when you got back. Guess I'm just to honest for my own good.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can fit in my car, I'll give you a ride on Friday. It's not a streetable car, but it usually causes a smile that won't go away!

Ok Sonny, you just opened the door. Not this year but next, I'm gonna look for you in the pits for a ride.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DarcShadow,
Make the trip a few hours east to Shreveport and get some good old fashion cajun cooking. While your here I'll take you out in the Viper. Be prepared to spend some money because you WILL want one after the test ride.
Doc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra