New Personal Record

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed 3" Corsa Cat-Back exhaust, changed oil... completely flushed brake system.... all in 4 hours 45 minutes!

Now I am sitting here trying to decide if I should install the EBC Green pads I have.

Saturday September 13th is a track day at Sebring!!

Are the EBC Greens any good for a light track day...... I am thinking the stock pads are about 50%.... maybe I should just burn them out and replace after Sebring?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with that kinda energy come over here and help me clean mine....LOL

have you used the stock pads on the track before

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
malcoll -- I'd keep the stocks on and change to the Greens after the track day. I put EBC Greens on my '02 when I bought it (as recommended), and didn't realize they are soft for track use. After two "light" track days, I consumed over half the pads. More important, when I changed to Brakeman 3 pads, I realized how much more stopping power was available with a firmer pad. Also, be sure you have clean brake fluid. Good luck.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey TriJim,
Where did you get the Brakeman 3 pads and how much? My thought was to use A good hard brake pad on the rear and ECB greens on the front to help the balance. Thinking of going with the 40mm mod to the rear calipers too. Did you get the Florala (blackhawk T-shirt) I sent ya?

Mike

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do clean your rotors before installing the Green pads.
Use sand paper and brake clean. This will give you smooth operation. The green pads will stick to any other resin left from the last pads used. What will happen is you will feel a bounce in the peddle.
Dan

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Malcoll, did you use any special tools to flush your brake fluid...I need to do this soon, looking for
a tried and true method.

thanks
Tomer

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the vacuum style hand pumps. They are neat and clean. All you do is connect as hose to the bleed ****** on the caliper, open the bleed ******, and squeeze the handle 'till the canister is full... of course checking and filling the master cylinder reservior as you go. Not sure how they do on ABS though... here is a link showing the setup:

vacuum bleeding

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike -- I purchased the Brakeman 3s from JonB, but understand that Archer and Pemberton also sell them. Beware -- pretty expensive. Thanks for the shirt -- love the flag and Blackhawk.

Jay -- thanks for the tip. I saw Jay Lopez bleed his brakes this way and was looking for a how-to site. Archer changed the fluid (Motul 600) when I upgraded the brakes, but again expensive. I'll try it your way next time.

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer.. I used the old tried and true method. I brake wrench, tube, and a buddy to pump the pedal.

I flushed 2.5 pints of Earls 421 through the system.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey TriJim,
My thought was to use A good hard brake pad on the rear and ECB greens on the front to help the balance.
Mike

Mike, don't even consider EBC greens for track use. They're a great pad for street (dustless) but if TriJim made them last two "light" track days then they must've been "very, VERY light" track days. I fried a set of reds (supposedly a street/track pad) in one day. And by "fried" I mean right down to the backing plate. Contact Steve Pasztor at Great Brakes 972-743-9443 for some Brakeman3s or Sean Roe Roe Racing 904-733-5469 for PFCs.