Is LoJack the Best choice?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Is Lojack the best choice of that type of system or is there a better way to go?

Thanks

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did a videotape a few years ago for a competing system then called, On-Guard.

On Guard is GPS based so your car can be tracked anywhere. Lojack has a very short range and frankly, most Police Departmenets don;t want to be bothered with it. And..many departments don;t have the equipment anyway.

My Father has On Guard in his Lexus. There are panic buttons mounted in the car. When pressed...the response center will listen to what is going on in the car. If they don;t like what they hear, they will direct the Police to your car. I also understand that an option is available that allows them to shut the car off. My Dad wouldn;t be without it. They will also direct you if lost, etc.

One more point. If you were to buy the On Guard just for theft prevention, it would be worth it. When you start your car, you have to press a button to turn it off. If you don;t they will be notified and contact you in the car. At this point, you had better be the right person and know the password.

I'd look into that and avoid Lojack.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the lojack in the Viper and company trucks have a GPS tracking system where any time of the day or knight I can tell you where my trucks are and if the motors are running. I would rather have the GPS system. The only truck that has been stolen was found within 45 min. We called the cops with directions and the truck was found before any damage.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you really want the car back if it were stolen? Most likely it would not be the same car once returned.

allmotor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I actually install Gps tracking solutions. I install for a company called At Road..... road.com and they are VERY good. There biggest customer is Verizon which I always work on. It is basically a combo CDPD?GPS antenna, a power cable and a unit. I think they are $300-$500 initially and $29 a month and you go on there website and monitor the vehicles speed, location, stops, how long it's been parked,etc. Lo jack sux. lol
Dan