Question for XM radio experts

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a discrete area to mount a satellite antenna.

Has anyone tried mounting one under the driver side "speaker grill" on the hood? I figure it would be inconspicuous but I wonder if the mettalic mesh of the grill would cause interference.

Any good alternative locations?

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charles , I own a Vette and I mounted mine in my Trunk ..Reception is excellent.
Just make sure that the receiver is pointed straight up , not on it's side.

I'm sure if you call one of the finer Audio Shops in your area they would be able to give you some excellent suggestions.

I can't beleive people actually mount those ugly antenna's on the outside of there cars..It looks like a small Turtle. :D

Cheers

Jeff

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant remember his name on here but his name is john and he sent me pics of his install and it was mounted on the top of the rear deck behind the drivers seat area. he painted it the same color as the interior and I didnt even see it in the pics till he pointed it out.

email me if ya want me to send you the pic.

[email protected]

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find a good metal surface to put antenna on. I have one in my Prowler mounted under the dash stuck onto a metal plate and it works perfect. Totally out of sight. I haven't pulled the dash on the snake but there has to be a spot