Full speed in south of France, supercharged Viper

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess what happens when you show up on a track south of France(Le Castellet, toy of Bernie Ecclestone) with a "street"Viper?! Everybody smiles. When you have the fastest laptime of the not race only cars!? People come and want a ride!!
Just to tell you how a Viper performs compared to the Porsches here:
When stock, my 2002GTS had the same acceleration as the Porsche TT 03. Now, with Roe S/C,Roe headers and Corsa exhaust, I blow the TT, the GT3 and GT3 Clubsport. And this over the whole track. Not a chance.
In fact faster acceleration than the GT3 Cup which is a pure race car. This until the first turn( you can't beat weight and downforce) but this was only true for the race cars. Mine has still all goodies(A/C, stereo,glass windows, passenger seat, etc...).
There were about 40cars, 12pure race, and I was 13. Not bad for yankee iron(I mean plastic).
I did a total of 180miles on the track with no problem. I wanted to hit 180 on the straight(almost 1mile) but it's climbing slightly so 174mph had to do before the turn. Full power for almost a mile puts a lot of stress on the engine. It sang the whole w-e. A tribute to Viper engineers and Sean for his Supercharger.It has also stoptech brakes and a snakeoyl suspension.
Have fun!
Anders

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great report! Good to hear you are kickin some asp over there!

A one-mile long front straight? Dayum! Thats longer than some tracks! You must really have to stand on the brakes for Turn 1.

What is the "whole w-e"?

OP
OP
A

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updates:
Le Castellet is a 5.7km(3.5miles) track. It has the longest straight in Europe: 1.2km(0.8miles).
w-e=week end.
People smiling: For you Viper fan impossible to understand! It was ironic smiles!! Not admiring. After they had just long faces except some of them who were cool.
Forgot to tell, I had 305(Pirelli slicks) up front instead of my usual 285 Pirelli slick(always 325 back). Big grip difference!
"Wroom" as my 6year old says and have fun.
Anders

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Anders! It must have been a blast.

Please post some pictures for us US Viper owners.

(Sounds like you are a Swede in Switzerland?)

Lauri
(Finn in US)

Olivier Caza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad the Viper has a straight-line-only car reputation...It's so competent in the turns also...

-Olivier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave