SRT/10 in Germany

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received the auto-motor-sport magazine today.

Will be sold in November 2003.

Brabus has been instructed by DC to make the changes on the new Viper for Germany...

475 hp !?!

NO side pipes -> 4 rear end pipes!

Xenon lights with a high pressure washing device,

additional fog lights (rear)...

Price: 105 000 EURO

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard there will be one in the UK very shortly as well, looks like the same price as the Gen2 then for us. Did the SRT make Frankfurt then ?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the tail exhaust setup, there's no way the SRT would pass the Euro drive-by sound test. Do you think the extra plumbing and mufflers will drop 25 hp??? Anyone have a link to see all the cars at Frankfurt?

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know is the SRT/10 NOT in Frankfurt (IAA).

The presentation of the SRT/10 is announced for mid of October.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats pretty poor of DC, one of the last big motorshows of the year and still they havn't shown one in Europe

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>I understand the tail exhaust setup, there's no way the SRT would pass the Euro drive-by sound test<<<

We have SRT/10s (gray market import) with side pipes and registered in Germany...!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a personal import to the UK, the exhaust has be 101db's or below at a certain distance to be road legal, side exhausts are ok

If you buy direct from Chrysler it's a different matter, there noise restrictions must be tougher as they have to fit extra quitening devices, and side exhausts aren't ok

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munich area! send me a PM with your cell phone #

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to my DC dealer today - the introduction of the SRT/10 will be delayeeeeeeeeeeed. Seems to me that the technical problems (flickering? bog? heat? ...) prohibit the sale of the SRT/10 in Germany/Europe.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ViperGTS, got a question for ya. How easy or hard is it to ship something like a Viper to Europe? Can you get a temp. license and paltes and stuff?

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess shipping is the easiest thing. Costs you the transportation (container) and the insurance. I think that you do NOT need a temp license if you are going to stay not longer than a few months. Customs may make you some problems because they may be afraid that you sell the car over here...talk to Skip, the guy who planned the EUROPE trip for 2003 - unfortunately cancelled due to the Iraq war

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at it this way, by this time next year ( God willing - no rush ) I will have my Viper. If I can make it to Europe, party's on...lol

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor says that

* they will DRILL two BIG holes in the rear of the car to install aftermarket (fog) lights.... :rolleyes:

* dealers may order an SRT/10 now, however have to pay immediately 105,000.00 Euro's...

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr GTS,

Where exactly are you in Germany/Switzerland ?

Looks like I'll heading your way pretty soon. Am thinking of bringing the Viper over to Europe.
Am currently going through the final round of negotiations with a Swiss Pharmaceutical company in Basel, but the position is in Vienna, Austria.
Any idea how strict Austria is to import the Viper ?
Since I've owned the car for more than a year, there are no duties or VAT to be paid. It's the technical inspection that scares me and I can't find anythign on-line. You know of any sources ?
I'll be in Vienna and Basel next week...

Hope we can hook up in the future !

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yves: I hope we can meet. I am from Munich area! In the middle (approx.) between Basel and Vienna.

I don´t know much about the technical inspection in Austria.
Importing the car should not be the problem. I know of a handful of Vipers in Austria. Saw a Viper at a DC dealer in Vienna during my last visit to Vienna a few months ago.

I will try to get some information about the technical inspection. Is there a way for you to register the car with the US license plates? Markus

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus,

Thanks for your reply.
This is going to be a 2 year deal. If I keep my US plates, I also need US insurance which would be close to 200$ per month in case the car resides abroad...
Keep me posted in case you would find something out. I will check next week when I'm on the ground.

Yves

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yves:

I talked to a man at the company "Millner & Millner" in Austria. They examine cars technically.

homepage: www.millner.at (all in German)

They told me that:

* you will need the custom papers
* car must be registered more than 6 months in the US on your name before you bring it to Austria
* they need the technical data of the vehicle (horsepower, noise, top speed, weight...) [may be you could use a copy of a German title showing those data to get it registered in Austria, but I don't know whether this will work]
* change the front lights to EU standard
* change the rear turn signals to yellow
* fog lights (?)...

Moreover:
* you will get an Austrian car title
* you are not allowed to sell the car within 1 year
* car will be examined each year (technically)

Seems to be a LOT of work: I would recommend to make contact to a company specialized on importing cars to Austria and to let them do the (paper) work, etc.

For example: import company in Vienna (I don't know much about the company!)
http://www.maxumcars.com/über_uns.htm

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus,

Wanted to drop you an E-mail, but your profile doesn't show any.
Am currently in the market for a NOS system but was wondering whether they even sell the refills in Europe.
Have you come accross car shops that sell the giggle gas ?

Thx !

[email protected]

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can get NOS gas in the UK, but you need a special license to store it, not usually available to home addresses

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yves: you got a PM - found another company in Vienna which imports mainly GM cars

PUHR KEG, Triester Strasse 207, A-1230 Wien (Vienna),
Tel.: +43 1 6679380

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the SRT10 DID make it to the Frankfurt Auto Show.

I have personally checked the car out and had a seat in it. However, it had NO side exhaust pipes, but instead had 4 tips out the rear. The car was Black. I think I have a picture of it on my Memory Stick.

It was located just in between both the Chrysler and the Mitsubishi displays, just behind the escalators, in a place where most people wouldn't even pass by. It had its own display, with no other cars, with not a single sales representative or Dodge rep present.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see the pictures, especially of the exhaust! I have a couple friends who went to Frankfurt and they promised me pics.....still waiting.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All SRT/10's will be badged 'DODGE SRT/10' in Europe, under some crazy loop hole law, someone else has registered the name DODGE VIPER SRT/10 and it cannot be used. At least they are finally dropping the Chrysler name..... Most of the UK have never heard of a Chrylser Viper, its always a <font color="red">DODGE </font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper