Giving credit where it's due..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Giving credit where it\'s due..

Just wanted to give credit to Doug at DLM when it's due. There's been lots of threads lately about supercharging, etc... Many tuners have fine products out there and a great reputation and feircly loyal customers.. Doug Levin Motorsports, Sean Roe, Dan Cragin, Jason Heffner, etc..

It's been almost 2 years (2nd one from DLM!) since Doug transformed my slow stock Dodge Viper into the fire breathing bike killer it is now....
After 30,000 miles, this car still remains my dialy driver to boot!! :laugh:

Oh yeah.. the lifetime warranty, unlimited mileage that Doug gave me as a warranty is nice too.... Other then normal belt wear, the system is flawless...

There is nothing like getting up every morning and taking the car out to the Gym, heading out shopping, beach, etc knowing that there are no problems and Doug stands behind his work in my car for as long as I own it. Knowing that I can get stuck in traffic here in the HOT FLORIDA heat for hours and knowing it won't even come close to overheating is an added bonus too..

peace..

G

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Giving credit where it\'s due..

Great feedback Gerald ! Lifetime warranty :eek: thats AWESOME !..Most Tuner's i've delt with can't get you to sign there Non-Warrantied release form fast enough.

Cheers

Jeff

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Gerald,
Great words of confidence from you about Doug. However theres nothing like talking to and hearing him speak and address all the concerns that I had about installing such a custom system to my car. He made me feel totally at ease. Of course hearing all the testimonials like yours makes it even sweeter. My reservation is over the winter. At least my baby will have a good home for a few months. Come spring time I'm looking foward to my transformation.
;)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yo G your car is slow dude, just wait till I get my cream puff back from Doug I'm gonna put a hurting on you boy :eek: I did have the oppurtunity to drive Gerald's (really hard)to see if I can break something and the damn thing just kept asking for more. I did 6 pulls back to back from 50mph to 170mph racing a busa and G gave up before I did :eek: Your car is the perfect example of what Doug is all about, reliability. I'm pretty much begging him to turn up the boost on my car, but he refuses to, Big #s arent everything to him. He rather build a solid **** that will run for years than to spin up the blower on the dyno just to put down serious #s. $hit it's not rocket science, more boost equals more hp :p Finding the perfect balance of power and reliability is another game all together ;)

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel the same way about my DLM car. Well engineered the first time out. This car always amazes me and I'm having the time of my life with it. I've had some great races and it hasn't let me down. Wonder what it will be like when I step up the boost like Treynor..... NOT that crazy :D I've got another race lined up with the ZO6 I've been toying with :)
Mike is right, finding the perfect balance of power and reliability is another game.

-Lou

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's only one rational response to a testimonial like Geralds - what a great car and great DLM package.

To beat Bussa's from a roll, run 30,000 miles with no mechanical failure on double the engines factory output, then get 22mpg driving home - is an acheivement few will experience, and those that do appreciate the value in what they got.

I've seen large factory efforts that cannot achieve what the DLM cars have in terms of performance per cubic inch plus reliability - despite them spending millions in R & D - so it's an extraordinary effort from a small company.

A knowledgeable market would maintain excellent resale on any DLM package!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald,

You want to build a new one, don't you?

Chad

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald, how do you deal with that car during those torrential summer downpours? That would scare the **** out of me.

REMIX

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

peice of cake my a$$, he pulls over and waits it out :eek:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald, I always like to hear that your DLM is still running great, about 2 more weeks & mine will be back from Doug. It is posts like yours that made DLM a good choice for me. Mine will also be in heat, good to know that traffic will not cause overheating.
I miss my car :(
Andy

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why are you selling it?

How much are you asking?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would like to add to the supercharger testimonial bandwagon. My Macedo/Roe supercharger 2001 R/T 10 has over 20,000 miles on it, with 35-40 dyno pulls and 60-70...1/4 mile passes.

I too like Gerald drive the extreme conditions of Florida: in the heat and humidity. No over heating issues here....just as the Jamaicans say "Cool Runnings".

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent Ward!! nice to know you've got the power ALL the time huh?? :)
Have you cruised in this nice "cool" weather we're getting now..?
Gerald

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do see Gerald drive his car EVERYWHERE!!!! and never overheats like other cars do. I do see a defenite quality and craftsmanship on his work.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald I know Tampa is north of Bradenton ..... but is it that much COOLER in Tampa than to the south.

We have the full power of all our horses :eek: every time we give it gas.

10sk7.jpg

Cudaman :usa:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah.. the lifetime warranty, unlimited mileage that Doug gave me as a warranty is nice too.... Other then normal belt wear, the system is flawless...

Is that transferable? I've been looking at replacing my honda for something with a warrenty - those 60k a year can kill a wallet...

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cudaman - That's a kickazz custom stripe!!

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is that transferable? I've been looking at replacing my honda for something with a warrenty - those 60k a year can kill a wallet...

Sorry Bonk, I've already replaced my broken wing and brakes... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper